• This topic has 17 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by cp.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Anyone have Kinesis Strut R750 Carbon Handlebars
  • ogden
    Free Member

Just seen a set for £55 wondered if they were rated? Weight: 166g Width: 750mm Rise: 15mm Upsweep: 3º Backsweep: 5º

Can’t seem to find much about them bar one oldish review. anyone run them on their bike?

Thanks

rewski
    Free Member

Yep, can’t fault them, less flex than my Easton havens, quite wide for my narrow tree singletrack. Kinesis kit generally ace, biased as I’ve two of there bikes.

Yetiman
    Free Member

Yup I had them on my Bigwig and only sold them because I went wider. I don’t think you can go wrong with them at that price.

cp

Excellent bars, I have 2. Much nicer sweep for me than most bars.

ogden
    Free Member

Might take a punt on it for £55 can’t really go wrong! dropping from 780 wide to 750 but quite liked my mates bike and that had 740 fat bar lite’s on it.

Thanks

transition1
    Free Member

£55 is a good price. Don’t know the Bars but nice low rise15mm & 750mm better for narrower trails
    take a punt…

transition1
    Free Member

MBUK give 4.5 stars in a review found on Upgrade Bikes site as they distributor for Kinesis

mboy
    Free Member

Good quality but they were way too straight for my tastes… I prefer something nearer 10deg backsweep.

poah
    Free Member

I had them for a while as I prefered the geo to the previous carbon haven’s. Not as stiff as the carbon havens but what do you expect for the weight. I never had any issue with them. only changed after the crash that broke my collar bone, they were not visably damaged but wasn’t taking any chances. My current spank spike vibrocore are a much better bar.

dougieb
    Free Member

The RSP carbon bars that are 780mm wide are also rather good if you want something slightly wider. I have them on both my bikes and very happy with them. Looks like Tredz are doing them for £55 and you can get £5 off if you sign up to their mailing list (or something like that).

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.RSP-Carbon-Ego-DH-Riser-Handlebars_92055.htm?sku=321564&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google_shopping&gclid=CLn6yq__-NACFe2w7QodcLUIxA#

hummerlicious
    Free Member

I’ve got two pairs, I prefer them to the Havens I had before. Good width, I lopped 20mm off to fit through the trees in stanmer.

ogden
    Free Member

Just got my bars and noticed these marks under the finish is this normal? feels fine but looks off

https://goo.gl/photos/C3vVB1bSza7eSQTb6

https://goo.gl/photos/dV1MAJQ5VrWLqAGq6

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Yeah, just normal UD finish. I prefer it.

ogden
    Free Member

What’s the reason for the lines that look like cracks ? Something in the process?

johnnyboy666
    Free Member

I bought some a few days back and rode with them today. Seem really good. They replaced some raceface atlas 790mm bars on my Covert. My fatbike has very similar felt 760mm bars and I really like them so thought the full sus would benefit too. Very pleased so far.

ogden
    Free Member

Did yours have the same marks on them?

johnnyboy666
    Free Member

I had a line in the middle where the stem meets but none like yours.

cp

What’s the reason for the lines that look like cracks ? Something in the process?

It’s just individual strands of carbon catching the light, enhanced by the lacquer. Perfectly normal for ud carbon to look like that, particularly when lacquerd.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Anyone have Kinesis Strut R750 Carbon Handlebars’ is closed to new replies.