Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone have experience with Manitou Circus Expert Fork?
  • nwill1
    Free Member

I’ve recently built up an Orange Five as my Am/Trail bike but looking to build my Charge Blender back up for Spring, it will be use for 4X and general joining around.

Can get the Circus Expert forks at a good price at the moment (under £200 new), I know they’re a DJ fork and should be perfect for the 4X, BMX tracks etc, however I also want to be able to use them for short blasts in the woods & the like, any experience of would they be terrible for any type of trail duties??

Experiences welcome.

nwill1
    Free Member

Bump…

tymbian
    Free Member

I had some on a hardtail and found them fine. They are quite a stiff fork iirc but i bought them because of the price and because I’m of above average weight they were quite supple when used for trail riding. If you’re below average weight you might find them a harsh/ unforgiving ride.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Manitou are usually quite sweet/supple. Wear a backpack with a big lunch and spares in, that will increase your weight 🙂

nwill1
    Free Member

Cheers, what sort of weight is average? I’m a solid 13 1/2 stone without kit.

What’s a draw is the fact I can get a new 2013/2014 set new for the price 2nd hand set of a 2010 Reba!

jairaj

Not used this fork before but Manitou forks are some of the most tuneable out the factory. If the damping turns out to be too firm for general riding just open them up and fiddle with the shims. There will be guides online somewhere and I’m sure people here can help you with what to change.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Check the website for the spring/weights zones.

I used to ride Six Supers, TPC was nice.

tymbian
    Free Member

Thr Circus is designed to be a jump fork afaik so is stiffer. Mine could be adjusted via an air valve but they rode better being set up on the stiffer side to prevent excess ‘ diving ‘.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone have experience with Manitou Circus Expert Fork?’ is closed to new replies.