Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Anyone have either of these forks?
  • xcstu
    Free Member

Fox 32 F120 RLC Fork 2009

Rock Shox Reba Team 2009

Which one would you rate?

z1ppy

I’d go for the Reba’s, performance (damping/action) is supposely now @ the fox level, but without the crap reliability or excessive price.

Though if you have a front wheel that could be converted, I’d go a Reba Team with maxle lite version of the reba’s. £439 on Merlin that £100 cheaper than (a quick search on google) for the fox’s.

chakaping
    Free Member

If the QR Reba Team has the blackbox damping then I agree with zippy, it’s as good as Fox, and possibly a bit stiffer.

But if you can stretch to the extra for the Maxle version (and perhaps a new front wheel) it would be well worth it. Best upgrade I’ve made to my XC bikes. Best fork I’ve ever ridden.

alexpalacefan

Got the Fox, love it 😮 )

A

The-Beard

What about Magura? I have a set of Durin’s and I’m blown away by how good they are.

doof_doof
    Free Member

I went for the Reba Teams w/maxles. Very light and incredibly smooth action. Much more of a faff to set up than Fox though.

120mm Teams w/maxle can be had for under £400 if you look around (not OEM!)

jimmerhimself
    Free Member

If you take a long term view the Reba will expire in about two years and the Fox will still be going strong for years and years. That’s my experience anyway.

Both forks need the same amount of maintenance and I would say that even these days Fox still have the edge in stiffness too – plus the F series does have a QR15 option if you want it.

They are both solid XC forks though.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I got Fox 32 F120 RL Fork 2008 (QR)

It’s a very good XC fork – plush out of the box, controlled and light, and so far no problems after about 150h of riding over 10 months, but…

If you ride fast over rough ground and hard corners they are noticeably twisty and flexy which is disturbing.

I finally tried to do the ludicrous per 15h maintenance procedure (clean wiper seals). Actually they were not that dirty underneath and still fairly lubed, but in trying to release one of the wipers, I scratched the bloddy stanchion!

If you can convert your front wheel to bolt-though now, then go for a bolt thru IMO.

richc
    Free Member

If you take a long term view the Reba will expire in about two years and the Fox will still be going strong for years and years

years and years? if you are very lucky, or have never checked the stanchions on yours.

squiff
    Free Member

Are you after some new forks stu, you must be bored, anyway you can’t use them, your foots ****

shortcut

i have the Rebas as per the pic and have been running them since early december for 3 ish rides per week. I have to say I am really impressed. They work well and are continuing to be faultless despite a complete lack of maintenance.

I have also been impressed with the two sets of pikes i have and the reliability of those gives real confidence in recommending Rockshox every time.

xcstu
    Free Member

Cheers everyone 😉

Got to admit Rockshox still my fav fork but seem to be a lot of Fox around at these events these days??

squiff haha… ya my old reba team’s could be moving to the miss bike so eyeing up so possible replacements while my leg is getting better 😉

squiff
    Free Member

That’s it, give the second hand CRAP to the Miss, ha ha, and you go and get yourself a nice new pair to cheer yourself up 😀

xcstu
    Free Member

squiff – Haha her bike is coming on nicely…

CRAP????….Very well looked after Reba Team’s I must say…

Ah I might be riding around the paddock a mayhem with the moon boot on??? will see you there 😉

squiff
    Free Member

See you there, I wont spoil your thread any longer. 😆

squiff
    Free Member

Oh by the way I would get the Rock Shox Reba Team 2009 😀

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

If you take a long term view the Reba will expire in about two years and the Fox will still be going strong for years and years. That’s my experience anyway.

More likely to be the other way round. Fox stanchions can be like cheese straws. RS last for years in general…..

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Anyone have either of these forks?’ is closed to new replies.