Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anyone have bikes/frames mounted on the wall man cave decoration?
  • Poopscoop

Probably going to be left with a 2010 Attack Trail frame that will be worth pennies once the rest of the build is sold off soon.

Can’t bring myself to sell if I’m honest. Love that bike but no room once a new build takes form.

Anyone else decided to hang a beloved bike on a walk like a colonial safari hunting prize? !

Pics would be good! 😀

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

No pics and nothing on the walls…but three frames in the garage that i plan to put to put up after powder coasting – hoping someone will post some nice looking solutions for hanging, rather than just bike hooks.
    I’ve been thinking about brass pipe clamps.

tonyg2003

Yep. I have my 1991 Orange Aluminum O hanging up – first proper mountain bike I bought – hanging on the wall. Also my 1995 653 road bike – it’s been resprayed and has old (all metal) campag record 10spd on it. It goes for a café ride a few times a year in the summer. Then I have a posters etc,,,,, Might hang up my old 1998 Orange 5 frame too

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    richmtb

Thinking of doing this myself.

My beloved 2004 Stumpjumper hardtail – Stumpy to his friends – will never be sold so I was thinking of displaying the frame in the garage.

Big bit of ply as a back board and make a wooden frame around the ply. A few strategically placed dowels – like a large one through the BB shell should be enough to hold it in place – it doesn’t weigh much when its stripped down

warpcow
    Free Member

My Evil Sovereign hung for a while in our dining-room until I built it up again. It wasn’t exactly a decoration as it had stood on the floor underneath when it was built up before, but I like to think it classed up the place a little.

kayla1
    Free Member

I’ve got a NOS 1997 GT Pro Performer BMX frame hanging up in the living room above my OH’s drum kit and there’s a complete 1995 GT Fueler and 1999 DK General Lee 24 hanging half way up the stairs.

My Sunn Tzar frame is in the spare room, dunno what to do with it but it’s the first frame I did a race on so can never sell it.

zero-cool
    Free Member

No, I just give them away or sell them cheap to people who haven’t got a lot of cash so they can start/keep riding. Bikes are meant to be ridden not looked at.

CalamityJames
    Free Member

My son’s Specialized Hotwalk balance bike is hung up on my garage wall. Everything else gets sold, but the bike he learnt to ride on holds more sentimental value than anything I could ever own.

kayla1
    Free Member

Bikes are meant to be ridden not looked at.

I totally agree when it’s something that you have no emotional* attachment to or something generic but when something comes along and you have the space to store it and can afford it then why not hang it up to enjoy it in a different way, especially if you have history with it?

* yes, I know bikes are ‘just’ things and it’s completely irrational to form an attachment to a thing, but, you know, first loves and all that.

Stevet1
    Free Member

No, I just give them away or sell them cheap to people who haven’t got a lot of cash so they can start/keep riding. Bikes are meant to be ridden not looked at.

I had a Foes frame on my wall for ages that had snapped in two, someone put a wanted ad up for a rear swingarm so I let them have it for postage. Couple of months later it was on ebay for £100.

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

My old commuter and the first bike I bought myself. Was also responsible for getting me into off road biking which might have something to do with the crack which runs 75% around the downtube…

scotroutes

My old Ti hardtail frame was up on a shelf in the garage. Too much sentimental attachment to sell it but it’s currently on loan to MoseyMTB, whose need first it is greater than mine.

Talking of which, I wonder when we might have news from the maternity ward?

clunker

My old Dogs B.o.l.x is on the garage wall along with a Raleigh Burner. I’d like them in the house but the boss says NO!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anyone have bikes/frames mounted on the wall man cave decoration?’ is closed to new replies.