Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone have any experience of patterdale terriers?
  • tommid
    Free Member

We’ve been looking for a second dog to keep our schnauzer company. On a whim I saw an advert for a 3/4 Patterdale 1/4 Border terrier pup and we went to see him. He’ll be coming to live with us Saturday morning (name as yet unconfirmed).
    Have you had one? What do we need to know?

deluded
    Free Member

My brother in-law has one. I’m not that big on dogs but I have to say his Patterdale is lovely – very friendly, loyal and good with other dogs. Her personality is much like that of a cat, a bit haughty. If she doesn’t want to do something she just looks at you and then buggers off. She’s a great ratter as well (lives on a farm).

stavromuller
    Free Member

My aunt had one and it was a cracking little dog, really loyal but a bit wilfull. If Mrs. Stavromuller liked terriers I’d get one tomorrow.

Drac

My Bro has a Border Patterdale cross it’s lovely dog a real character. Patterdales and Borders are great dogs and both very much terriers they do want they want if it gets into them but are very playful. However, they can get the streak in them to kill anything they decide needs to die.

Del

‘we’, meaning me and my ex, have a patterdale, called Sid. he’s very straightforward. a lovely dog. you know exactly what he his. anything that runs, he will chase. anything that you are doing, he’ll be interested to know about. i love him, dearly, but if you’re furry, and running, he’s an absolute ba5tard.
    i’d have another tomorrow.

Dolcered

My gsd regularly plays with a paterdale, lovely wee dog.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Mostly lovely, but there’s one in my park called…wait for it…Darcy!! Aaaargh!! He wound Molly up a bit today but she showed him who’s boss 🙂

bruk

Great characters (that in itself should tell you something).

Can be extremely stubborn and difficult to recall train.

Great killers of small furry things and will chase everything that moves and have boundless energy.

Should be good fun, Good Luck. 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone have any experience of patterdale terriers?’ is closed to new replies.