Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone have any experience of Holdsworth frames from Planet X?
  • 13thfloormonk

The Competition frame looks amazing, triple butted columbus steel, apparently 1800g with a 350g carbon fork, space for 28c tyres (apparently) and sportive-ish geometry.

Couple of first hand owner posts on Retro-bike, just wondering what STWers make of them…

psycorp
    Free Member

Didn’t realise PX sold anything so refined. Would be interested myself.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Didn’t realise PX sold anything so refined. Would be interested myself.

In an interview with Big Dave they talked about buying a steel frame production line in Italy lock, stock and barrel, with a view to building premium Holdsworth frames. There is/was another version of the Holdsworth on P-X site liste as being built by Mark Reilly (formally Enigma, now Reilly Cycleworks).

To me any quality is tarnished the Planet X/On-one name, I see them and words like ‘premium’ and ‘quality’ as mutually exclusive.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I’d have one. I PSA’d them a year ago when they were reduced to £500.

The colour and decals are pretty rank though. Don’t know why they bother with all these other “brands”
    Id prefer the frame if it had Planet X logos on the side TBH.

13thfloormonk

Yeah, I’d read a lot of discussion about the Holdsworth ‘name’ but unfortunately it’s just that to me, a name. There’s no link with Planet X on the frame at least, and I actually like the colour… 😳

700g lighter than an Equilibrium, just wonder if it would be a liability for credit card touring, but I used to do that round Scotland on a CAAD9 so surely it would be OK…

greentricky
    Free Member

I heard the paint is pretty ropey and you only need to look at it the wrong way to chip it or have it flake off

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

That sounds like a Genesis paint job 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone have any experience of Holdsworth frames from Planet X?’ is closed to new replies.