Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone have an XTR crank extractor tool they can lend me – near Aberystwyth?
  • no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

I’m looking for one of these tools please:

I can’t for the life of me believe how much Shimano want to charge for this little piece of metal – £35! I’ll probably only use one of these, oh, maybe 4-5 times this lifetime..

Can anyone help – I can offer beer tokens, or an inner tube or something ??? 🙂

brakes
    Free Member

don’t you get one with the cranks?
    is there not an aftermarket non-shimano version?

scotroutes

Not if you buy the OEM cranks from Wiggle, CRC, Merlin etc.

no-eyed-deer – I have two so no problem lending you one but it would be by mail. You’d be wanting the other wee tool too?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I got one off ebay from china for a fiver I think, probably made from mild steel or similar cheep monkey metal rather than the workshop quality shimano one, but as you say it’ll only get used a few times.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Thanks guys! @scoutroutes – that’s great – the other little tool would be a bonus too actually, as I’ve been managing to make the bearing load adjustment with mole grips up till now 😳

email is: ag5(at)aber(dot)ac(dot)uk

I’ll have to invest in one of those cheapo Chinese ones afterward, but for now I’ve got a bike with half-detached rear swingarm and only an XTR chainset blocking its path to freedom! (Most frustrating!)

Cheers! 🙂

scotroutes

Cool. PM me your address and I’ll stick it in the post on Monday.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

PM’d ya, thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone have an XTR crank extractor tool they can lend me – near Aberystwyth?’ is closed to new replies.