Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • anyone have an on one dirty disco . whats it like
  • firestarter
    Free Member

Looking at the geometry its better for me than xls. Im thinking 54 at almost 5’10” so any good? Owt else better value. All ive seen that looks to touch it is dale caax 105 disc

dazh

I’ve got one. Only had it two weeks and only ridden it once but I liked it. Not sure my first test ride should have been down a steep rocky descent that I normally do on a 6″ full-susser but it coped once I’d gotten over the initial shock 🙂

I’m 5’10” also and have a 54 which is a great fit for me. Surprised at how light it was. The geometry feels very similar to my road bike (Scott CR1 SL), and the tyres really soak up the bumps on tracks/crap roads so very comfy too. I also considered the SLX but went for the DD due to the more relaxed geometry and I’m pretty sure it was the right decision.

garethc
    Free Member

I’ve got one, about three years old now. Broke the stock wheels, and now have some Shimano (metal) and Specialized (carbon) 29-er wheels I use on it.

Used mostly as a road bike, but have run it around the Ronde van Vlaanderen, raced cross on it, and had it off road a fair bit (though not recently).

Plenty of pictures on my blog, and in a few weeks it’s off for LEJOG.

dmc
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-on-one-dirty-disco-frameset

Shameless plug !

Really enjoyed the disco ! They ride well on and off road pretty light too…

Dc

firestarter
    Free Member

Cheers fellas. I saw that but they have them at a good price new at the min. Im still thinking tho as im not sure I could build one better than stock for the full build money tbf

firestarter
    Free Member

Btw I like the green bits gareth. And the Yorkshire top 😉

garethc
    Free Member

Thanks – has also had some nice Vittoria Open Pave CX tyres on it in green in the past (but unfortunately pre-green cabling).

I’ve recently been using Gatorskins on the carbon wheels, which loses some weight, but so hard to get road tyres on those rims, I went for bombproof rather than green…

In Flanders

jonk

I’ve got one but built up from the frame – hope crest, v-twin brakes 105 / ultegra mix thomson finishing kit. Tried the XLS and prefered the disco. Not put all the stickers on yet but it goes like the clappers on and off road.

firestarter
    Free Member

Nice that 😉

pop-larkin
    Free Member

What sort of weight are they coming in as built in the real world?
    Interested between this and the caadx myself- 2015 dale is £1k for 105 group set and has rack mounts but tbh I’m not sure I need them

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘anyone have an on one dirty disco . whats it like’ is closed to new replies.