Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone have an insight into employment law
  • eruptron
    Free Member

Question about my contract:-
    If I signed my original contract then change my role to charge hand 50% productive and 50% work distribution should I have a new contact?.
    If that role doesnt work out and I return to my original role is a new contract required or is my old contract reactivated?
    Thank in advance.

tjagain

No

the implicit terms under which you are working will have changed and a good employer will recognise this by issuing a new contract but it does not affect your legal position by not having one – the terms are considered to what the reality of your working position is

stumpyjon

No you don’t need a new contract, probably just a letter as an amendment outlining new job title, pay changes etc. What you have though is a new job description.

As for it not working out there may be no going back unless that’s been agreed upfront or you later negotiate with your employer. If I was making that change with one of my employees I’d discuss it first including any trial period, confirm the changes in writing and get the employee to sign two copies, one echo and then provide a new job description with input from the employee if applicable.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    eruptron
    Free Member

stumpyjon there may be no going back

There was indeed no going back. IOM shafted well and truly by my direct manage. Something I wont go into on an open forum. Came with nice hit of training costs as a real smack in the face as well(something i wouldn’t be to upset about if it wasn’t for the circumstance)

One other question on receiving those deductions which was over half of my final salary. Should i have been taxed before or after the deductions for training?
    Cheers

edlong
    Free Member

Sorry, it’s not the answer you’ll be hoping for, but the deductions would be post-tax.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone have an insight into employment law’ is closed to new replies.