Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Anyone have access to a 3d printer?
  • danrandon
    Free Member

I have a project file that I would like to have 3d printed for my gopro so I can shoot 3d. Basically it’s a bracket so you can mount two cams side by side. Willing to pay for the materials postage and time.

Can anyone help?

jordie
    Free Member

Cant remember their names i have used a couple of ones online, just upload your file and the ship it. I think one was called 3d creations.
    http://www.3dcreationlab.co.uk/

nickjb
    Free Member

If you want it to be rugged might be better CNC cut. If it can be 2D it’ll be cheap. Laser cut aluminium or routed plastic are easy options.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Depending on the size I’ve a friend with a 3D printer I can put you in contact with. He does some work for the model aeroplane crowd so that give you an idea of scale. (not the wings!)

Email in profile.

cp

If you want it to be rugged might be better CNC cut

3D printed ABS is more than strong enough.

When you say a ‘project file’ what do you mean?

Might be able to help, depending on whether your talking about providing a sketch or a 3D CAD file and how much time it might take to sort.

legend
    Free Member

just in case you dont know about this already:

danrandon
    Free Member

Legend that only works for the earlier gopros not the 3 and 3+ models.

I have a ready to print stl file that’s good to go. Just needs printing. Not exactly sure of the dimensions but can supply the file to anyone who wants to look at it.

danrandon
    Free Member

Here’s a link to the file Linky poos

molgrips
    Free Member

I have a project that could be great with 3D printing. Basically a kind of bike trailer, but I thought it would be easiest to have plain tubes, a few bends, and 3d print the lugs and fittings to assemble it. Basically the way they make commercial ones only without having to have injection moulding.

How does one create stl files?

njee20
    Free Member

Shapeways.com

nickjb
    Free Member

Is this for static use or are you planning to stick it onto a mountain bike? I’ve only had a quick look at the model on my phone but it looks like there might be a few weak spots and the potential for flex between the two cameras.

danrandon
    Free Member

Mainly static use and for paintball video work I do. The bulk of the stuff will be static with use of sliders etc

nickjb
    Free Member

Fair enough. Probably be fine then. Carry on 😀

Alternatively you could fabricate from a couple of these (click) and a bit of 1mm ally plate bent into a C shape. 5 mins in the shed.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Shapeways.com +1

danrandon
    Free Member

Nick jb, already done something like that hence why I need something a little more pro looking. I know Beth and Paul at hobby mounts very well and get 90% of my stuff from them

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Anyone have access to a 3d printer?’ is closed to new replies.