Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone have a Vauxhall Combo as a bike van (or for general use) ?
  • Nezbo
    Free Member

As above really….

I currently have a ford fusion 1.4TDCi and it's a great car, great on fuel, cheep tax, and fits everything I need in (but I have to take the wheels off the bike), and I have been after getting a van for a long time but I don’t want one with a big engine (to save on fuel costs) I have been looking at the Vauxhall Combo and they do a 1.3td version and I was thinking it might be perfect I have no real need for lots of power, so a 1.3 would be just right, and I am looking to do a straight swap for the Fusion and I have seen a couple for around the price I can get from ‘webuyanycay’ for example.

So I guess my questions are:
    I presume it is good on fuel?
    Does is have cheep TAX?
    Can I fit my bike in whole (i.e. without taking the wheels off)?
    What are they like to live with?
    Is there anything I have to look out for?
    Etc…

MartynS

we have the 1.3 auto at work… HORRID little thing. Ours has back seats which means the boot space is cronic. If it was the full van version you'd get the bikes in it no problem. Auto box has been a problem from new as well. I found it one of the most uncomfy cars I've ever driven, apart from that they're fine

simonbowns
    Free Member

I've got the 1.7 cdti.

unispiring drive
    bit boomy
    I've got back seats, but fold them down for van duties.
    tall windscreen makes air con vital when sunny.

far better suited to bike duties (yes, straight in) than astra i had before.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Nezbo
    Free Member

So I need to stay away from the auto box, and maybe get a cussion. Noted : I need AirCon for the 1 day a year we have sunshine 😉 (I would like aircon anyway)

It's only for short commutes to work and tiking the bikes to and from rides.

U31
    Free Member

No cheap tax, its a commercial so 200 ish per year

tron
    Free Member

Vans do your head in compared with cars for long distance – take the old Eurovans – Dispatch/Scudo/Expert commercials and compare them with the C8/Ulysse/806 people carriers.

More or less the same vehicle underneath, but the van version is approximately 10^99 times louder.

I'd get something that's trimmed up as a car but can be turned back into a van – Berlingo or similar.

epicyclo

tron +1

I've been using an Espace with the seats out. It's gone to a better home now and I'm now using a Multipla also with seats out.

I think I'll switch back to a newer Espace though, it's a more versatile bike carrier because it's longer (no front wheel removals).

bi6al
    Free Member

used to have a combo van ,19" bike needed wheels removed to fit in.
    plus everyone asks you how your postman pat van is.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone have a Vauxhall Combo as a bike van (or for general use) ?’ is closed to new replies.