• This topic has 10 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by gee.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone have a gps file of trails on Ranmore or back side of Leith?
  • gee
    Free Member

Hi

I know the trails on Pitch/Holmbury/Leith really well, but have never been over the other side of the road through Coldharbour or on Ranmore. I’ve heard there are some good trails over there…? I usually just go down SL then round to Friday St.

Thanks 🙂

GB

winterfold
    Free Member

I don’t ride that side of Leith much but I think it is more contentious than ever?

If someone is going to share presumably it will be discrete/DM/etc

gee
    Free Member

Is it? Wasn’t aware of that – is it not part of the Redlands area?

catfood
    Free Member

There was a Ranmore thread on here a while ago, nobody would give the locations of the trails away. I got chatting to a bloke in Peaslake and he told me how to find the start of Grevious Angel.

nuke

Noticed a few of these signs whilst wandering around on Redlands the other day….

gee
    Free Member

Ooh naughty. New trails on the Downs are always contentious…

I thought there were some sanctioned ones over there?

GB

nuke

I thought there were some sanctioned ones over there?

Nope, don’t think so. However there are some pretty well known trails though…Wave of Mutilation, Mangrove Alley etc

Whilst we’re at it, I also noticed a contentious start point for one of the trails on Leith has now been properly closed…

vinnyeh

Ranmore Common has a few runs.
    Probably the obvious thing to do is go on one of the Nirvan Sunday runs.
    Else (probably a bit contentious giving directions, but…)
    If you are going up Ranmore Rd from Dorking to Ranmore Common Rd, near the top, on the rhs is a 5 bar gate. Either sling your bike over, and ride back under the road, or look for a gap in the hedge on the lhs of the road. It shouldn’t be difficult to find the start of two runs- Grievous Angel is the second I think, I’m not sure what the first one is called.
    Warning: I have a broken arm from coming up short on the bigger gap jump on the first run (the one which starts with a drop over a downed tree trunk.

The other lines I know of are on White Down Rd- from the A25 direction, across the railway bridge on the there’s a kink in the road as it starts to go up- on the rhs if you explore up the hill close to and parallel to the road you’ll find the stuff that’s been built – there’s an old pillbox a bit up to drop off, some bombholes, drops, jumps and gaps. Some more riding on the other side of the road too.

atlaz
    Free Member

I like that they tell you to go over to the side of Leith by Wolverns lane despite the fact they’ve totally ruined some of them.

nuke

I’m not sure what the first one is called.

Hot Burrito (the one which starts with a drop over a downed tree trunk). Fair play to anyone who can do this trail as that’s a hell of a gap jump after the tree drop.

Here’s a pic of the gap jump although it’s not easy to tell…

gee
    Free Member

Thanks – the drops by the whitedown zigzigs are pretty fun – although I’ve never looked at the pill boxes… Not really my thing. Will have a look on Ranmore.

GB

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone have a gps file of trails on Ranmore or back side of Leith?’ is closed to new replies.