Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone have a genesis equilibrium disc?
  • andcarson
    Free Member

I am looking at a frameset-only option. What are people’s experiences of them?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/owt-better-than-a-genesis-equilibrium-ff-for-400ish-for-wintercommute

Just had a look at the new ones; looks like they’ve changed the sizing.

THe brake hose routing looks **** as owt on top of the downtube though.

andcarson
    Free Member

Irritatingly I fall right between a 58 and 60 in terms of ETT. I personally like the look of the new frameset, especially the straight fork

Vortexracing

I put that thread up that davidtaylforth has linked to.

I ended up with rim braked Equilibrium in the end, and TBH it is fantastic.

It is so comfy, I’m over the moon with it. 😀

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Yeh, the new frameset looks great. Apart from the rear brake hose routing. What were they thinking?!

There is no longer a 58 or a 60cm, I think it’s L or XL now?

FWIW; I have a 58 CAAD (as you well know) and would go for the L for sure. The headtube on the XL looks very long.

andcarson
    Free Member

Good advice thanks. My problem, having ridiculously long legs, is that the saddle-bar drop is always absurd on any frame where the length is OK. But the geo looks about right on the L

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

😀 same here. 190cm tall, inside leg is 93/94cm!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Just had another look. 210mm HT on the Xl, plus another 20mm for the headset stack height, plus another 5-10mm for the extra length of the forks over standard road forks, plus another couple of mm for the lower BB. You would possibly end up with a -17 degree stem.

andcarson
    Free Member

Ha!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone have a genesis equilibrium disc?’ is closed to new replies.