Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Anyone happen to know Wiggo or Chris Froome
  • bernard
    Free Member

Would love to get my kids signed photos (personal ones with their names on) from either Chris or Wiggo (the kids interchange when playing Tour de France ) for their birthday’s . I understand Chris maybe a bit busy at the moment but hey you don’t ask you don’t get……

headfirst
    Free Member

WHY HAVE YOU NOT PUT SPOILER IN THE TITLE! OUTRAGEOUS!

😉

EDIT: That wasn’t very helpful was it? Suggest you try and make contact through team sky’s website or their might be a fan club

bernard
    Free Member

Didn’t you know it was my kids birthday ….sorry I spoilt it for you

zilog6128

In the old days you’d post off a nice letter (with SSAE) to your heroes and keep your fingers crossed…

Lifer
    Free Member

Send their respective ladies a tweet.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Wiggo lent me a Mint Sauce keyring a few weeks ago. Very decent of him, I thought.

bernard
    Free Member

If I knew either of their addresses I would do just that ….not keen on contacting via sky figured they get hundreds of requests a day and mine would just get lost in the post so to speak, can’t see them phoning brad up to ask for a signed photo to Jacob or Sam

ahwiles
    Free Member

my future-sister-in-law went to school with Cath Wiggo.

True story.

samuri
    Free Member

Do your kids know what their real signatures look like?

Think how happy you’d make them. it’s only a little forgery.

warton
    Free Member

I used to hunt Lion with Chris.

camo16
    Free Member

If your kids are suckers young and naive, why not scan this bad boy?

bernard
    Free Member

Can’t do the forgery thing … If they are anything like me they will keep hold of them I would be found out eventually. I still have bill beaumonts autograph from when I was around their age

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Whilst working in a big Scottish Hotel I forged the autograph of a well known Scottish Actor who played a spy in a series of films called Jeremy Bond or something, anyway I copied from his registration card onto one of the bibs they had worn for a golf day and then left it lying around and forgot all aboout it. Imagine my amusement when I ended up at a colleagues’ flat for a party some years later and saw it on the wall in pride of place! 😀
    I say forge it it will be a source of amusement in years to come.

camo16
    Free Member

I still have bill beaumonts autograph from when I was around their age

Did Bill really sign it, though? Or was one of your family busy with the marker pen? 😉

bernard
    Free Member

He signed it, I was the one who asked….he was sat at the bar on a big stool at the local rugby club

40mpg

They occasionally do signing sessions to launch the latest autobiography / DVD / coffee table book / team strip / training guide / award presentation… (surprised they have time for all that cycling in fact).

I got a DVD signed by Cav last year 🙂

camo16
    Free Member

Legend, Bill Beaumont. Class autograph.

My best one’s Viv Richards – he hit a quick 100 against St. Austell first XI and afterwards was more than happy to sign stuff. Cool guy. Not Bill Beaumont cool, maybe, but cool.

bernard
    Free Member

Cav would be a good one they know about him ‘he’s the one who can go really fast but is rubbish on the hills’

Bills is the only autograph I have oh apart from Jim Bowen ( i know, was inebriated when I asked)

camo16
    Free Member

I don’t have many. Bob Monkhouse. 😉 Sir Viv. Then a couple of weird ones – Catherine Coulsen (played the Log Lady in Twin Peaks) and Juventus’ Mauro Camoranesi.

I don’t think any of the above trump Bill Beaumont. 🙁

bernard
    Free Member

How’s this for a missed opportunity at the time my best mates dad was Brian Lockwood (rugby league) I was always around their place when players popped in, he was always taking us to training sessions inc some of the eng ones …at the time to me it was just blokes playing rugby.

IHN

I shook Wiggo’s hand in Wagamama in Manchester just after he did so well in the 2009 tour. After that he went on to the great sporting heights for which he is so revered, make of that what you will.

I also have a Bran Flakes polo shirt signed by Sir Chris Hoy 🙂

bernard
    Free Member

Right here is the plan, the next person to see Wiggo or froome (in real life) or their wives etc can you let him/them know I’m after autographs for my kids birthdays please. Someone has to bump into one of them soon right?

camo16
    Free Member

That sounds like a plan. I’m expecting to bump into Splitter Froomey any day now. 😉

SaxonRider

I got David Hasselhoff’s autograph from him once. He signed it, ‘To my buddy [NAME], Best Wishes, David Hasselhoff’.

So I’m David Hasselhoff’s buddy, but I don’t think that he knows Wiggo, so it’s unlikely that I can help you with your quest.

enfht
    Free Member

I used to know their dealer but he was asked to delete their numbers.. 😆

slowjo
    Free Member

My folks found themselves having dinner next to John and Yoko many moons ago. They signed their (linen) serviette/napkin – call it what you will.

Anyway, they brought it home and showed it to my sister and I saying they would keep it somewhere safe so one of us could have it when we grew up.

Well, they still haven’t found it!

Meanwhile, my sister has launched a claim to it on the premise that it was given to her….precious…..my precious. Maybe I ought to offer to help them sort their things so they can throw out all the old rubbish they must have in the roof etc.

convert

Legend, Bill Beaumont. Class autograph.

No autograph is a class autograph!!!!

Do them a favour and get ’em something else. Autographs are naff.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

wiggo’s wife is often seen frequenting Starbucks in Wigan Martland Park after school drop off……. I’ve often thought about approaching her but having seen her in his 2012TDF documentary I kind of got the impression he don’t like it and probably wouldn’t want it for his wife.

camo16
    Free Member

Autographs are naff.

My Bob Monkhouse ‘To my pal [camo], best wishes, Bob xx’ says otherwise.

convert

My Bob Monkhouse ‘To my pal [camo], best wishes, Bob xx’ says otherwise.

That’s just creepy!

camo16
    Free Member

That’s just creepy!

I prefer ‘that shows a deep emotional connection’ but that’s just me.

Queued 15 minutes in HMV Leeds for that bad boy… I felt good about it, too, until I saw my mate’s ”To my pal Martin, best wishes, Bob xx’. Ah well.

Dickyboy

looks like your request is a tad too late – I was school friends with Peter Keen – the Performance Director for British Cycling from 1997 to 2003 🙂

bernard
    Free Member

Convert….they will be getting other things but my eldest loves the tour and bikes it would make his day to think any of them had taken the time to write his name on a photo and sign it.

By the way if I saw any of them I would probably bottle it I wouldn’t want to disturb them, if I write a letter/e mail etc they can always just ignore it if they haven’t the time which is understandable in the circumstances.

convert

Convert….they will be getting other things but my eldest loves the tour and bikes it would make his day to think any of them had taken the time to write his name on a photo and sign it.

Ahh well it takes all sorts – I remember thinking they were naff when I was young too – maybe it’s just me. I’ve always found ‘treasuring’ a bit of paper a famous person has unthinkingly daubed on a bit weird.

edlong
    Free Member

oh apart from Jim Bowen ( i know, was inebriated when I asked)

Me too. I got him to sign my shirt in big marker pen. I quite liked that shirt, too. Doh!

I do have Brian Close’s autograph somewhere though, that’s cool, surely?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Write Wiggo a letter at least, it’t not like he’s doing anything* over the next few weeks!

*surely a missed oppertunity to do some punditing on eurosport or something?

bernard
    Free Member

Convert…. Yes it does and maybe it is. I’d much rather inviting them over for a coffee or a local pootle on their bikes with my kids so they can have a chat but unfortunately I don’t know them.

totalshell

missed opportunity .. by a mile.. my paper boy was dougie lampkin.

stevestunts
    Free Member

I’ve got a t-shirt signed by Jimmy Savile, if anyone wants that?

No? No takers?

caspian
    Free Member

I have Kevin Keegan’s autograph from King Alfred’s Soccer Camp 1991. And Barry from Eastenders.

Do I win anything?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Anyone happen to know Wiggo or Chris Froome’ is closed to new replies.