Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • anyone had trouble with half links being noticeable whilst pedalling ?
  • kaiser
    Free Member

bought some of these from SJSC to get a better chain length on my love hate with speedhub.
    I am running an 8 speed sram PC51 which has been smooth as silk (only fitted recently) but with the addition of a half link I now get a small click as the half link exits the sprocket and i can feel it through the pedals. The half link is slightly fatter externally and also has a bigger side plate but the internal dimensions seem pretty much the same as the sram links. Is this a common problem with half links and chains manufactured by different companies?
    I'm thinking of buying a ss specific KMC chain from Charlie the BM as he also sells KMC half links which I hope won't be noticeable through the pedals.

scaredypants

I have one of those in a chain. Something does make a funny click, worried me for a bit but just ignore it now (mostly it's a winter SS and chain is always filthy so not certain that it's the link anyway)

Chain hasn't jumped once even under my massive power

coatesy
    Free Member

It's not on upside down is it? I once fitted one without realising the top was flat, the bottom concave(or vice versa from the other perspective) and it was just a bit notchy.Probably feel it if you're using a worn sprocket/ chainring too.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    kaiser
    Free Member

not upside down ..it's also symmetrical so it doesn't make any difference.
    I've also played about with the distance between plates using a chain tool to see if that made any difference …unfortunately not!! 😥

singlespeedstu

I had the same kind of thing with a half link.

Is your chain line dead straight?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘anyone had trouble with half links being noticeable whilst pedalling ?’ is closed to new replies.