Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone had their varicose veins stripped ?
  • chrisdiesel
    Free Member

Going in tomorrow morning to have some damages veins stripped out of my legs , any experiences ? How long off my bike ? Painful ? How long till back to work ?
    Thanks for any 1st hand advice !!!

rexated
    Free Member

i had some removed from my left leg about 10yrs ago….don’t want to freak you out but prepare yourself for something really quite unplesant. well, at least mine was….they anaethetised the area they went in behind the knee, but i could feel a very sharp pulling sensation all the way up my inner thigh. i hope things have improved over the last decade, and it won’t be that bad for you.

re time off work i suggest as much as you can get away with (seriously i don’t remember it being more than a day or two)

re time off bike i suggest as little as you can get away with 😉 just take it easy when you venture out again….pretty quick recovery, it’s not a big op. good luck!

lump

I have had two opp’s, the second was to repair and finish the poor job from the first. Had 20ish small key whole on the lower leg and had the back of the knee. The worst was the cut in the groin. I have a six inch scar there and the pain was horrific. I wanted the wife to call me an ambulance as I couldn’t cope. I was off my feet for near two weeks and off work for six. And I was self employed so wanted to go back as soon as possible. I hope you have a better experience than me 😯

joepose
    Free Member

Cripes i need to look into this too but dont like the sounds of it.
    Have you looked at laser treatment? They insert the laser into the vein and fire it. Success is like 98% or so.

IanMunro
    Free Member
    taxi25
    Free Member

Had mine done under general aneth. 5 inch cut in the groin and about a dozen little nicks. No probs, little bit sore for a day or two. Being self employed I was only of work for a couple of days, went back doing shorter hours and built it up. Brilliant not having a bunch of grapes on the inside of my leg.

myheadsashed

I had mine done 2 yrs ago. some discomfort but the pain relief
    General anaesthetic.
    worked, 6 weeks off work as I work at height and regularly wear a harness.
    4 inch cut in groin which is now invisible.
    Maybe 16 20 nicks in the legs.
    The surgeon was very impressed by the size of some of the vein about the same dia as my thumb and I have big hands. This left a large void in the muscle which has healed well.
    All good I’d say. They have you walking around within a few hours.
    Do your exercise as prescribed. I was biking before i went back to work – it was July though 😉

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

Wasn’t worried at all but thanks to most of you now a little stressed about the op !!!
    Hopefully all goes well !!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone had their varicose veins stripped ?’ is closed to new replies.