• This topic has 15 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by RicB.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Anyone had probs with tiscali/talk talk ? anyone work for them/able to help?
  • snowpaul
    Free Member

Hi all,

my mrs is having a nightmare trying to get them to finally stop account and stop charging her for broadband which she isnt using as changed supplier months ago…

just getting nowhere and its causing undue stress – umpteen calls and letters and now they took the cash without permission…

anyone? can email me direct if better than on a forum….

paul

ourmaninthenorth

Outing myself here….. Mail me.

maccruiskeen

Nothing’s changed then – I had the same problem with them 4 years ago. In the end I got my bank to refuse payments to them, in time Tiscali started calling me (instead of me calling them) threatening debt collectors – thats when I was able to explain that in fact it was them that owed me cash.

I was at school with Talk Talk’s chief exec, incidentally, tell him I said hi. 🙂

sangobegger
    Free Member

Talk Talk are w@##’krs. Took me a month to get them off my case AFTER I cancelled the contract before it even began.They got BT to cut me off for three weeks and I probablay havn’t heard the end of it yet.No wonder talk talk are rated as the most complained about provider.BT on the other hand could not have done more to help, so a big thumbs up for them.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Anyone had problems with talktalk…you are joking right?

Google for the Talktalk Resistance League.

Perhaps the question should be ‘anyone NOT had problems with TalkTalk’?

Still, the can’t be spending vasts sums on prime time TV adverts and on servicing customers at the same time now can they! 🙄

jon1973
    Free Member

I normally cancel any direct debits when I stop using some service or other, insurance etc. is that not an option?

mustard
    Free Member

“StuartieC to the thread please, StuartieC”

stuartie_c
    Free Member

I’d had no problems with them until last week. Been a Tiscali customer for years and it was a pretty much trouble-free experience. Talk Talk, however, as just stupefyingly inept when it comes to getting the basics right.

The failed to take two months payments because they lost my direct debit instructions in the move to a new billing system BUT they failed to inform me there was a problem. First I knew was when they placed a bar on my account over the weekend when I had an essay deadline at 9am on Monday. Shower of useless arseholes took 48 hours+ to resolve the problem even though I settled the arrears by a card payment immediately.

Avoid them like the plague. I’m moving to BT broadband on the 17th which is when TT have waived my payments until – DD already cancelled.

Customer service is breathtakingly bad.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

lols @ Mustard – I was furiously typing in the manner of a righteously indignant angry man as you posted. 😀

maccruiskeen

BT aren’t really any better to be frank. But a change is as good as a rest I suppose.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I had nothing but trouble with tiscali. The only way I got anywhere was to not let them put the phone down and keep asking to speak to someone higher up than the grunt on the front line, then threaten them with costs if they continue to pull cash from your account, and copy the contents of the email to their customer services snail mail address.

codybrennan
    Free Member

If you’re after a hassle-free experience with good tech support (if needed) sensible billing people, lots of unfettered bandwidth and have dsl, can I recommend Be Broadband?

Best domestic ISP I’ve ever used, bar none.

Talk Talk, Sky, etc, are scraping the bottom of the barrel. Too cheap.

matt_outandabout

Talk Talk, however, as just stupefyingly inept when it comes to getting the basics right.

Nail. Head.

Cougar

I’d take issue with you lumping Sky in with that shower.

The only problem I have with Sky is their policy of having a Tier 1 support of Script Chimps. And I’ve worked in support and totally get why they do it, it’s a necessary evil, but it’s bloody frustrating. Once you get past the whole “yes, it’s plugged in / switched on / not on fire” script and talk to an actual techie, they’re usually pretty good.

Tiscali and Talk Talk, they’re AOL for the 21st Century. I’ve never heard a good word said about either of them.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

snowpaul – they did the same to us – pretty much exactly. I think it’s their company policy to screw you over.

In the end persistence, and letter writing did the trick. Phone calls were totally wasted ime. Ironic for a phone company?

Anyway, write, threaten legal stuff (“after speaking to my legal advice helpline….”) and eventually they back off. Our refund took around 3 months iirc. We also got some bank charges refunded – but not quiet everything.

Never again will I touch them with … etc.

RicB

They just seem an incredibly disjointed company with no lines of communication between departments.

We were billed for 2-3 months after switching to BT iirc. They repeatedly denied it and then decided I owed them money! At one point I was receiving several automated calls a day from their debt collection arm, plus letters. This is despite them admitting in writing (twice) that they were in the wrong!

In the end I went through OTELO, who sorted it out but it took 3 months, then a further ~6 for Tiscali to give me the paltry £25 compensation OTELO ordered them to pay (which they were ordered to pay within 28 days).

Make sure everything is in writing and log the details of any phone calls. Personally, next time I’d write to one of the tabloid consumer affairs columnists. At least they seem to be able to get £50 and sort things out quickly!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Anyone had probs with tiscali/talk talk ? anyone work for them/able to help?’ is closed to new replies.