Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Anyone had problems with Bike Outlet York?
  • stu-pid
    Free Member

I recently ordered an Iron Horse MkIII frame from bike outlet in york, firstly it took a week and a half to arrive despite them saying it was in stock. Id rung them after a week and they said it had been dispached the previous day and would be with me by the following day, a couple of days later it did arrive (parcel force tracking system said it was sent the previous day) but it was the wrong colour and missing the headset that was supposed to be included! I decided to live with the colour as i was going to afan that weekend & needed a bike, they offered to send out a headset but it wouldnt have arrived till the following week so after about 15mins of complaining on the phone i managed to get £20 out of them towards the cost of a headset from my local shop (cheapest one was £30).
    They assured me that this was a one off problem and that their service was normally very good so i ordered a new stem from them last week on tuesday which again was supposed to be in stock, i was expecting to receive it by friday (as their website suggests that most items arrive next day!) but instead i got an email saying it had been dispached on thursday. The stem arrived today (postmarked yesterday!!) and its the wrong bloody length, unfortunatly they were closed by the time i got home so ive not been able to ring them yet but i just cant belive how incompetant they are!
    I guess i should have learnt from the first order but there we go.

bikemad2009
    Free Member

I have ordered a couple of times from the guys at the Bike Outlet and have always found them professional and polite with large savings on the retail prices over other online stores. I ordered a set of Rockshox Pike 454 2009 on Friday and they arrived on Tuesday which considering it was Bank Holiday I would say was pretty fast. They were also nearly £180.00 cheaper than Wiggle. You must have been unlucky with your order as I also know a couple of Friends who have ordered with them too and not had any major problems.

midlifecrashes

There have been threads over the years with similar story to yours. I’m guessing bikemad2009 has been taking PR lessons form RopeyReignRider on another thread.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    alexpalacefan

Been waiting nearly 2 weeks for a refund after I paid the excess postage on a package they sent out with insufficient on it. And, when I opened said package the wrong goods were inside!

They have now gone all quiet end stopped replying to my e-mails, which worries me.

Don’t get me wrong, we all make misakes, and these could both be resolved with no hard feelings. It’s the inability to sort out their blunders, followed by silence that is so infuriating.

Bah Humbug,

Alex

PS anybody want to buy a set of 661 Veggie knee guards in L?
    A

bikeoutletyork
    Free Member

Mistakes do happen and to the two customers who have had a negative service from ourselves I do personally apologize, Both the issues regarding their orders have now been resolved for them.
    We are a forward thinking internet company and uphold good honest customer service, We also differ a lot from the mail order giants out there in the fact we are a very busy stand alone cycle store, this often means the customer end up with better prices and expert advice when needed.
    We have however been vastly expanding our Internet website and mail order side of our business and have recently put in place a dedicated member of staff for internet queries and processing orders. This has helped speed up our service with most customers receiving their orders within 1-2 days and email queries often answered within minutes.
    We are also currently setting up a dedicated dispatch warehouse which will allow us to expand our range and speed of delivery further.
    We always answer phone calls to the shop and have 1000’s of happy customers, however to any customers who find they have any problems or issue with a orders please contact myself directly ‘Alex Weston’ on 0845-2701146 or via email at alex@bikeoutlet.co.uk and I will further investigate and sort personally for you.

stu-pid
    Free Member

Ill give them their due, they did refund my costs to return the incorrect stem & they did send the correct stem pretty quickly.
    I think whoever deals with the internet order just needs to pay more attention to what they’re packing.
    They do also always answer the phone (unlike chain reaction!).

singlespeedstu

I wish i'd found this post out before I ordered from them.

Just been speaking to them for the second day running only to be given the runaround again….. 😐

zangolin
    Free Member

My experience so far:
    Slow delivery on an instock item. Remind me of Ribble – great prices for most stuff but delivery can be slow.

Knee pads ordered online Friday morning 7th Aug arrived following Friday 14th Aug – posted 1st class on Thursday 13th Aug. Just had a despatch confirmation email from them today 19th Aug – 5 days after the pads arrived!

Great price though – even even with p+p.

Tracey

Only used them once for my Lyriks, ordered Thursday, delivered Monday, no problems

Tracey

nedrapier

I'm happy so far.

I ordered forks at 3:30pm on Thursday, they arrived at 9:00am on Friday. I needed 5 tubes for a few of us for a race on the Saturday, they chucked in 2 because I moaned about the price going up on the forks, I paid for the other 3.

Forks look great. Tubes are all 24" schraeder rather than 26" presta.

Easy misake to make, they sounded busy, and keen to make the delivery for the next day. No tubes needed during the race either.

Email sent, I'm sure it'll all work out beautifully. Although I might call alex on the number he gave above, too.

z1ppy

M8 ordered a fox shock from them, as they have (or had) the lowest price on the web. He has nothing but praise for them, I'd use them in the future

(just to balance this thread a bit)

nedrapier

Yup, lowest price on the net for Reba Team Maxles, too, even before the 2 free tubes.

singlespeedstu

I'll be the first to sing there praises when my fork arrives…..

fozzybear
    Free Member

i've had a headset (hope) and forks from them.

all arrived fast, they were well packed and the guys were helpful.
    maybe a bit busy when i called them, they guys in the background were making quite a noise but otherwise found them excellent.
    even their "cheap" forks are genuine retail ones not cheaper OEM ones.

nickegg
    Free Member

No problems here.

Ordered some of those bargin Revelations on a Friday, they turned up the following Tuesday.

For what i paid i was expecting OE but they were boxed and came with shock pump and pushloc etc.

Great forks, great service and stupidly cheap! Perfect.

singlespeedstu

Well my fork has arrived so fair play to them.

Good price too. 😀

anc
    Free Member

I found them Excellent 😀

Recently ordered some 2009 forks which were on offer. Unfortunately they'd sold the last set when my order arrived. They promptly rang to say there was a problem and offered me some 2010 versions at a absolutely fantastic price. Not many online retailers would do this if any. Will definately use them again, great guys 😉

addy6402

I ordered some 661 pads which arrived quickly. Bit too small for me so emailed re: returning them and had a prompt response from Alex offering a refund. Good for me…

puddlejumper
    Free Member

I ordered a bike a week ago, their website vaguely states 'upto 5 working days' for delivery, apart from the initial order confirmation I have had no communication from them.
    The bike I ordered disappeared off their list of available items the day after I ordered it, so at least their website seems to have noticed my order.
    An email I sent has not been replied to. I tried to call them yesterday and the phone was not answered. I've now sent two more emails to both 'sales'and 'alex' and will see today if anybody can actually get their finger out and bother to reply.

billy_barker
    Free Member

Looked on the website today for a couple of very well priced Hope Hoops (black hope pro2 hubs, 717 rims), which I added to the shopping basket as the site said the parts were in stock.

Decided to check their rep online before ordering and came across this post.

Rang the shop and they said they did not have the parts in stock and would have to order them.

Tried to explain that I thought this unusual as Hope seem to have been having problems responding to demand for hubs (no non-gold hubs on crc or wiggle), and having them 'in stock' should mean that the seller has them in stock. They hung up mid-sentence.

grumm
    Free Member

Recently ordered some 2009 forks which were on offer. Unfortunately they'd sold the last set when my order arrived. They promptly rang to say there was a problem and offered me some 2010 versions at a absolutely fantastic price.

Hmm – the exact same thing happened to me. The prices were still good for the 2010 forks but I felt like it was possibly a 'bait and switch' move going on.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I've always had good service from TBO.

Winstanleys are the cheapest about for Hope hoops but I think most outlets order from Hope after the customer has placed the order, that still only takes 4-5 days…

goslow

I bought forks from them. Good service.

anc
    Free Member

Recently ordered some 2009 forks which were on offer. Unfortunately they'd sold the last set when my order arrived. They promptly rang to say there was a problem and offered me some 2010 versions at a absolutely fantastic price.

Hmm – the exact same thing happened to me. The prices were still good for the 2010 forks but I felt like it was possibly a 'bait and switch' move going on.

Thought it might be this at first but when I heard the price, I nearly ripped his hand off. We're talking £300 less than the current rrp. Great guy also, he rang me soon as they realised they couldn't supply the 2009 ones. Very Happy 😀

bentown
    Free Member

This shop seems to have Marmite-esq reviews. I'll briefly give my experience for the only item i have bought from here on Thursday 3rd June 2010…

I shopped round for ages to get a decent price on Hope Hoops – Pro 2 on Mavic EX 721 Rims. At about £240 for the pair this was the best price by almost 80 quid compared to some places. I also needed a conversion doing on the rear to a 135 mm x 12 mm hub (or just upgrading it by hope direct).

I got a quote by email within about an hour after I emailed, so far so good. Alex was the guy I was contacting, dead helpful even when I was asking a load of questions. So final quote with delivery and converted back wheel was £257.50. Still easily the cheapest I could find for that wheelset.

Up to 5 (working) days quoted for delivery… Wheels were dispatched on Monday 7th June and I received them on the Tuesday – delivered to my workplace. The order was correct and I wasn't expecting them until at least Wednesday.

The only thing I would say is that I didn't receive an 'order dispatched' email so I rang up for a date on Tuesday and funnily enough they arrived minutes later. I'd read reviews of the shop online after i placed the order (oops) and was a little worried. But no problems over all.

All in all I'd say spot on, excellent communication and I had no problems. But everyone has their own experience ultimately!

Basically, I hope this helps those who are unsure. It's a recent review at least…

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Anyone had problems with Bike Outlet York?’ is closed to new replies.