Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Anyone had hotmail account hacked/ attacked today?
  • Suggsey
    Free Member

Possibly connected to moderating on another MTB site, but my hotmail account via IOS appears to either be compromised or hacked/ spammed to death. Anyone had any similar IOS problems recently or hotmail issues?
    Thanks STWers for any responses.

tomhoward

I got the ‘weird activity’ email from them today?

enzee199
    Free Member

It’s rife these days. I had gmail hacked at the tail end of last year. Then just after paypal, twitter and facebook. No damage done, but it was a lot of hassle to straighten things out and my Twitter had been used to spam people.

Thing to do is change any passwords which may be the same as they will try this on all the rest. Also turn on 2-step verification, at the very least for your email account.

Suggsey
    Free Member

I have the two step verification set, it’s not the first time hot mails been attacked ……….like you say it’s just a pain in the arse that hackers and spammers get a kick out of…..saddos……if I met the ones that have caused me aggro I would happily remove their fingers with blunt pliers and poke their eyes out with spokes…..but I suppose they ding make a habit of physically introducing themselves to their many victims.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Anyone had hotmail account hacked/ attacked today?’ is closed to new replies.