Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Anyone had Drift camera charging issues
  • carlos
    Free Member

I’ve got a Drift 720hd camera and it’s been great right up until I came to charge it the other day for a trip to Conwy.

When you plug in the USB lead to charge it, the blue led charge light flashes for about 1 second then goes out. It should stay on whilst charging, needless to say after an hour the battery is still flat.

Anyone had this issue before and what was the outcome? I’ve emailed Drift innovations but don’t expect to hear back till Monday at the earliest, so just after a heads up if what to expect.

Cheers

chip
    Free Member

I had the same happen, but from new.
    turned out the battery was kaput, action cams from who I bought the camera sent me a replacement battery and all was well.

DickBarton

Not had that issue but it does sound battery-related.

DickBarton

When I’ve had to contact Drift they have been very helpful.

milky1980
    Free Member

Had the same as chip – battery DOA. Did the same when I forgot to charge a battery for over a year.

carlos
    Free Member

I believe Drift are good to deal with so will hold out for a reply. Looking on the web a battery is £20 so fingers crossed that’s all it is

Cheers

DickBarton

Did this get resolved?

carlos
    Free Member

Not resolved yet DB, first day back in the office I presume so will leave it till Wed before I chase up the tag number I was given

DickBarton

Ok, hoping it is resolved quickly, I’ve had excellent service and support from Drift so I’m hoping to hear of others getting the same…I can’t be the only lucky git!

carlos
    Free Member

Update – I had an email off Drift yesterday, general stuff like try the battery orientation once more and assured me if the camera comes on when plugged into a power source, ie PC or socket but not if trying to run off the battery power then the battery is a fault not the actual camera, which I guess is good news.

They’ve asked for proof of purchase and a delivery address, so fingers crossed a new battery will turn up in a few days. Worst case scenario is I go and buy one as I didn’t realise its just over 2 years old so not sure if its covered by warranty anymore

DickBarton

Ah cool, hope it is replaced quickly.

carlos
    Free Member

DB – Should be here by the end of the week apparently. If (and I’m sure it will) it solves the issue I’ll buy another in preparation for the Morocco MTB trip in April that I’m going

carlos
    Free Member

Got a nice surprise in the post today, not 1 but 2 new drift camera batteries FOC. 😆 😆

Bunged one in and hey presto the camera came to life, I’m well pleased.

Top quality service from Drift Innovations

Carlos

DickBarton

Sorry for delay, that is properly good service..glad to hear it all got sorted out.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Anyone had Drift camera charging issues’ is closed to new replies.