Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone had any experience of THIS eBay Reba remote upgrade kit:
  • no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Spotted on eBay:

Rush01: eBay Poplock upgrade £60

Looks like a pretty good deal? ..just wondering if anyone else has had experience of this upgrade kit (or similar) and / or this eBay seller?

Cheers! 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

That's just a standard MoCo adapter and PopLoc I'd have said, nothing to go wrong. Do you have a crown mounted lockout already? If so you don't need all that.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

I have a crown mounted lock out already, but the trouble is, the motion control damper cartridge is leaking oil out from the gate adjust grub screw up top – I've also lost the dust cover for the hole this screw sits in too… It's at least £25 to fix all this at TF tuned.

…So I thought I might as well get a new *working* damper cartridge with all the other gubbins with it, and upgrade to a remote lock out (being aware of the potential complications and pitfalls that also entails!).

Does that all make some kind of sense? Or would there be a better way..?

retro83
    Free Member

It's the decent poploc with the adjuster which is pictured too. Seems like a good deal. I think I paid £30 for that part alone.

What you're doing seems to make sense to me.

julianwilson
    Free Member

yes if you want a poploc too then get that. Gives you adjustable compression and locout from the bar if you are a settings-fiddler. (mine is just on or off, I don't bother with the blue dial) Dead easy to replace and you can claw a few quid back selling your dead cartridge's lockout lever (plenty of people with poplocs go the other way and shell out £15 or so for just the blue lever 😯 )

flebby
    Free Member

my reba was sent with the wrong damper (or a faulty damper, not 100% sure) – basically it was supposed to have the one for remote lockout but actually had the one for crown mounted which meant remote lockout did not work. the shop just sent me the correct damper and i changed it out which was pretty simple (once I found a 24mm socket).

it did look a bit different from the one in your picture though. what year are your forks? I dont think this one will fit a 2010 fork.

dmoffitt90
    Free Member

hmm my friend has a very similar issue with leaking cartridge on revelations, might have to suggest this to him

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

They say they're compatible for '05-'08 Rebas. Mine have got '07' on the date stamp under the crown, so I'm guessing I'm hopefully gonna ok.. 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone had any experience of THIS eBay Reba remote upgrade kit:’ is closed to new replies.