Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • anyone had any dealings with 'andrewspencer2004'?
  • sadexpunk

bought some roadie wheels off him on classifieds 11 days ago now. said if i made payment he'd get em in post that day, so i did a bank transfer. since then nowt. and not replying to my mails either.

he was breaking a boardman bike and advertising on here, so wondered if anyone else bought owt and whether they received stuff.

i obviously got his bank details but nowt else. any options open to me for recovering money or will it be lost? 🙁

cheers

seanodav
    Free Member

His profile dont look too promising 😕

sadexpunk

aye, youre mebbes right there :-/

anything i can do from a legal perspective? being as i got his account details? report to bank/police etc etc?

jam-bo

I bought some wheels, tyres and brakes off him from that ad. Payed by bank transfer and they turned up really badly packed a few days later.

neninja
    Free Member

Anyone live in Oxford who could knock on his door?

I'm hoping you got his address?

Xylene
    Free Member

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=564465036&ref=search

He's into Citroen's joined a few Citroen clubs and posted for sale a few times.
    No mention of any problems there.

May well be an issue elsewhere though, but there is his Facebook account anyway from his email address

Good luck

jam-bo

No address, I don't think I kept the shipping docs either.

I do have his paypal address which is different to his email we used for correspondence.

Xylene
    Free Member

I do have his paypal address which is different to his email we used for correspondence.

Whack it in Facebook and see if there are any differences.

Then Google away on it and see what comes up.

If it's not a freebie account, check the headers in the email and see where it came from

jam-bo

andy@cabletiemotorsport.com

All yours. I got what I paid for in good time.

sadexpunk

thanks for that email address too mate. noody seems to have his postal address tho. and the cable tie sites not active.

can the bank do anything? or can i report him to someone who can investigate using bank details?

ta

highclimber
    Free Member

you could maybe try the bank for a chargeback or something similar though I doubt they will be able to do much if you have authorised said payment as these transactions are pretty much instantaneous. I would contact the police if the bank can't do anything but again, this is more of a civil matter than anything else and the police don't generally get involved with these. in which case the next option would be a small claims court though you would need to know certain personal information such as current address I beleive. Have you emailed the Mods??

sadexpunk

thanks dood. yeah, sort of thought it was out of police hands really :-/ small claims sounds fair enough if i can suss his address from anywhere. and yup, ill email the mods but again, not sure what they can do really :-/

thanks

johni
    Free Member
    Jamie
    Free Member

The Warrington/Oxford thing would tie in with this:

http://www.uship.com/uk/shipment/1992-citroen-ax/509856166

sadexpunk

getting there slowly 🙂

from warrington then oxford, and presently at birmingham uni i reckon. and i got his mobile number. no answer as yet tho 🙂

any more suggestions please keep em coming 🙂

sadexpunk

contact has been made!!!! 🙂

thanks to the detective work on here, ive now spoken to him and hes explained he moved to uni and left the wheels for his mate to post. who must have forgotten 🙂

so he gonna sort it and let me know the score. ill keep you updated with hopefully a happy ending.

thanks again

Jamie
    Free Member

*reluctantly puts down pitchfork and extinguishes torch*

rs
    Free Member

i wouldn't put the torch out just yet 😉 its a good story though.

jacko54321
    Free Member

*reluctantly puts down pitchfork and extinguishes torch*

sharpened mine especially as well

iain1775
    Free Member

perhaps not the best for someone to post full contact details for someone else (who may or may not be person concerned) on here
    Perhaps a PM or email may have been a more appropriate way of sharing the information?
    I would be pretty pissed off if someone did that to me for something that then apparently turns out to be reasonably explainable
    Given the issue appears to be resolved for now would it make sense for mods to remove johni's last post?

Aidy
    Free Member

perhaps not the best for someone to post full contact details for someone else (who may or may not be person concerned) on here
    Perhaps a PM or email may have been a more appropriate way of sharing the information?
    I would be pretty pissed off if someone did that to me for something that then apparently turns out to be reasonably explainable
    Given the issue appears to be resolved for now would it make sense for mods to remove johni's last post?

That information is all freely and readily available in the whois database.
    Anyone who could be bothered to query for the email domain would have gotten it.

I don't really see a problem with reproducing it here (despite its lack of relevance).

iain1775
    Free Member

any particular reason Aidy why you don't have your email address visable in your profile information? 😉

bigyinn
    Free Member

I wasn't aware that the publilc display of your personal e-mail address was a forum requirement?

nosedive
    Free Member

if he didn't want his personal details put on the internet he should have taken a little more care to make sure that those wheels were in the post

timdrayton
    Free Member

to be fair there is a difference between putting your details on a low use site fairly well buried, and sticking the full address mobile number etc on a "this guy has ripped me off" thread.

why didnt you just email the OP, does everyone really need to know that you found the information, or are you just pleased with yourself?

sadexpunk

to be fair to johni, the details he put up were not of the chappy himself, but someone who was linked to him through this cabletie business or whatever. it was just an avenue that i could have followed up, and still might if i dont get any joy.

as it is ive got hold of andrew spencer and he says he’ll sort it so thanks to anyone who’s helped 🙂

bigyinn
    Free Member

I'd do whatever was needed to flush someone out if they had my money!

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘anyone had any dealings with 'andrewspencer2004'?’ is closed to new replies.