Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone had any dealings with…..
  • mrkstvnz
    Free Member

Someone called Jay or Jim Lenehan? Just wondering if anyone knows him. I wouldn’t know his user name. Just that emails have gone quiet and it seems very odd. I have sent an item to him but still awaiting payment. I think I trusted to much rather than take precautions. Anyways if anyone knows him or you are reading this. Can you please contact me. Cheers.

BoardinBob

I have sent an item to him but still awaiting payment.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Not to kick a man when he might be down, but why you do that?

mrkstvnz
    Free Member

I know I’m an idiot. I sent it on the premise that once the tracking number was emailed he would pay by bank transfer. Communication was fine throughout . Then silence. I’m a nob ed. 😥

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Nah. He is IF they have stiffed you.

johnners
    Free Member

Not to kick a man when he might be down, but why you do that?

TBF it’s unusual but how is it really any dafter than sending money up front on the promise of goods to come?

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

TBF it’s unusual but how is it really any dafter than sending money up front on the promise of goods to come?

And you have his address.

bigblackshed

That’s what PayPal goods are for.

mrkstvnz
    Free Member

In future it will be done the right way. He came through and paid. I assume he wanted to receive the item before transferring the funds. Sorry for the rant but I was a bit worried. Sorry Jim, and yes I would have made a rod for my own back. Lesson learned. Once emails were exchanged again, he was a stand up bloke.

Trimix
    Free Member

Perhaps he needs to take the weight off his feet then.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Well done Mark; not only did you put trust in someone you’ve never met; you also trusted your instincts/judgement of character.

Looks like you’re a good judge since it’s all come good in the end.

Fortunately, not everyone is an arsehole. Although it’s not normal procedure, I’d do the same in your situation if it felt like the right thing to do. I’d have no real problem, especially if it was someone who I knew/recognized as a regular forum member.

Obviously you’ve got to use common sense; but I think it’s good to be able to have trust/faith in people, and not have the mindset that everyone is “out to get you” – otherwise you end up with a pretty mental view of the world!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone had any dealings with…..’ is closed to new replies.