Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Anyone had an altrication in Bristol with a dog walker this week?
  • hora
    Free Member

Just curious, a longshot but to see your side of the story.

According to the dog walker the cyclist received a caution from the Police.

ransos
    Free Member

My brother in law got bitten by a dog on the Pill path the other week…

clubber
    Free Member

Link?

hora
    Free Member

100yrs from Bath Bristol Railway Path. I don't want to link to the forum as the walker is being perfectly reasonable and I can imagine some 'cyclists' may take it upon themselves to become keyboard warriors.

clubber
    Free Member

Certainly not heard of it and there's nothing in the local rags…

clubber
    Free Member

Anyway, it wasn't hard to find the thread on that other forum you use.

The OP sounds reasonable. Many of the other posters sound like the usual idiots. What a suprise.

Jamie
    Free Member

100yrs from Bath Bristol Railway Path.

1910 was a pretty rough time…..

hora
    Free Member

clubber agree.

nickjb
    Free Member

It sounds like the OP assaulted the cyclist first unless i'm mis-reading it. He never touched the op or his wife but got shoved twice, Sounds like we only have half the story

david_r
    Free Member

wtf is an 'altrication'?

hora
    Free Member

See where your coming from Nick. I just wanted to hear if the other party had thoughts on this.

Thing is, the Police interviewed him (the cyclist) and he agreed to accept a caution.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

david_r read my mind shocker…… 😉

clubber
    Free Member

Well aparently he did swing at them twice so hardly an angel if that's true though being shoved first mitigates it a little.

scaredypants

maybe you could post up the text of the original version hora, if you still can't bring yourself to show us where it is ?

hora
    Free Member

You can find it in google 😉

clubber
    Free Member
    Jamie
    Free Member
    neninja
    Free Member

Yet another dog owner whose dogs are not under control and running loose – I'd make it the law that all dogs should be on a lead on public rights of way personally.

If I got shoved off my bike into a hedge I'd come up swinging too to be honest.

clubber
    Free Member

Suspect I wouldn't be very happy though I'm not sure I'd be swinging – more likely shoving back.

Irrespective, IF the OP is telling the truth and it really is a narrow footpath and the cyclist really did try to barge past, he did deserve the pushing off IMO.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

If you came belting down a singletrack footpath at my family, you certainly wouldn't be jumping back up at me. You most definately be staining your lycra

TooTall
    Free Member

'cyclist in being a chopper' shock coupled with 'outraged pedestrian assaulted stupid cyclist' horror.
    Cyclist was in the wrong – pedestrian assaulted cyclist by shoving him into hedge – which was stupid. Two wrongs etc.

clubber
    Free Member

TheFunkyMonkey – Member
    If you came belting down a singletrack footpath at my family, you certainly wouldn't be jumping back up at me. You most definatealy be staining your lycra

Internet hardman!

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

I'm not overtly aggressive in the slightest, but you wouldn't call me an 'internet hardman' if you saw me.

😛

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

It's quite simple, if you really must ride on a footpath, you must give every respect to walkers. Move over for them, let them pass, apologise and should not be going fast in the first place.
    Don't take the pish when you're taking the pish already!

clubber
    Free Member

<internet hardman>

Reckon I would 😉

</internet hardman>

Jamie
    Free Member

I'm not overtly aggressive in the slightest, but you wouldn't call me an 'internet hardman' if you saw me.

PICS!!!

poppa
    Free Member

Pre-op?

falkirk-mark

Funky monkey speaks the truth. If you go out and are familiar with the Scottish outdoor access code and follow it you should not go far wrong as it is pretty much common sense for walkers,dog walkers,cyclists and horse riders.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Only got pics for replying to erm….adverts 😉

Probably get me banned

hora
    Free Member

Funky monkey +2

scaredypants

boring non-story IMO

however, FWIW

the lone, slighlty bolshy yclist on there makes some pretty fair points and I think this tale has been polished from the OPs side (as I think hora suspects)

If all that conversation/interaction took place before the push, the guy must've been going slowly

my guess is more like:
    "cyclist" thinks path is wide enough – is possibly right but maybe it's a close call (hence a daft thing to do). geezer shoves him off (possibly while beating chest and roaring and just maybe after cyclist has continued despite suggestions otherwise). cyclist has a swing, wifey then shouts about how he could've killed the dog

as someone correctly said, "meh"

I'd be amazed if a real caution was involved

TerryWrist
    Free Member

If you came belting down a singletrack footpath at my family, you certainly wouldn't be jumping back up at me. You most definately be staining your lycra

What are you going to do when the cyclist is a fellow 'roid raging nutter and wraps a D lock round your head?

What's your family going to say then eh?

Not going to look so hard then are you.

Please think of the children.

hora
    Free Member

Or the ickle doggies

julianwilson
    Free Member

I'm loving the super-mellow 'alternative' version of Hora on Pistonheads that manages not to get dragged in or suggest ludicrous ideas in heated debates.

OP. I think you are starting to get wound up. Please calm down and put things in perspective.

Spread the love, fella! 😀

ourmaninthenorth

Since it's pistonheads, and so likely to have a similar level of sense to here, I read the first post only. Comments are based on taking it at face value.

*Man admits to assaulting cyclist (pushing him into the headge is, at the very least, common assualt, if not ABH.
    *Cyclist tries to hit woman. Misses. No matter. That's still assault (yes it is you internerd lawyers).
    *OP pushes cyclist again. Assualt again.
    *Cyclist swings again. Assault again.
    *OP pushes cyclist into headge again. Assault again.

So, that's 3-2. I blame the dogs.

hora
    Free Member

Release the dags of waaaaarr!!

julianwilson
    Free Member

That's more like it Hora.

hora
    Free Member

I must admit. The more the OP posts the more it worries alittle.

He mentions his leg etc from previous but then says hes going to hospital about his stomach. Plus- in the future whose to say he doesnt actually start an assault due to perceived slights on all cyclists?

julianwilson
    Free Member

Nice to see this is not the only forum that descends into dog-kicking/zoo-fighting/d-lock-swinging keyboard vigilantism!

Barelyincontrol
    Free Member

The thing is he doesn't see he's done anything wrong. I agree with the guy going for the balanced side on the forum, the one that gets shouted down. I'm not saying the cyclist is blameless, as he clearly isn't, but what happens if there is a walker coming the other way? The way he tells it there is only room for 1, but the picture seems to tell a different story. I've sworn at people, but only after they swore at me. Thing is this now leads to a load of anti-cyclist vitriol due to the actions of one person.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Anyone had an altrication in Bristol with a dog walker this week?’ is closed to new replies.