Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone had a wheel rebuilt using Mavic MP3 program?
  • strike
    Free Member

looking at a set of Crossmax wheels and pondering on also taking out the MP3 warranty. Has anyone got any experience of this ie ease of making a claim, turn-around times etc?

Stu661
    Free Member

Best thing you could do if you are going to buy Mavic. I had two pairs covered under MP3 and used it on both sets more than once, every time the wheels came back they where as good as new. All you need to do is take you wheels in to a Mavic dealer they book them in with Mavic and send them off (you pay the postage cost) most times my wheels where back in two weeks.

It’s great value for money, you get two years or 3 rim swaps, so just before your two years is up send your wheels off to get them fully serviced.

strike
    Free Member

Thanks – sold it to me!

jimw
    Free Member

I wish I had bought my crossmax ST’s from a Mavic dealer with MP3.

Four months into ownership, I had a mech go into the spokes, ruined the rim and every single spoke was damaged. The wheel held up to the point I could stop which is a testament to their strength, but it cost me £180 to get the wheel rebuilt at Mavic. Was about two week turnaround

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Mate of mine just got his rear rebuilt on the MP3 scheme after trashing it in alps. Everything was new except the hub body! New axle rim spokes the lot. Worth the cost of MP3 easily. Had to pay postage to France I think. Was done through LBS.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone had a wheel rebuilt using Mavic MP3 program?’ is closed to new replies.