Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Anyone had a stomach ulcer?
  • cloudnine
    Free Member

Pretty sure I’ve got one.
    Unpleasant constant dull achy, heart burn sensation in my stomach for the last week or so.

Anyone else had one?

Yes I know.. Gp tomorrow

shiatostorm
    Free Member

Could be acid reflux, or heartburn, gp should know if you give clear description.
    don’t fret, ulcers can be treated with antibiotics.

chewkw
    Free Member

Cut down on oily food and try not to eat 2 hours before sleep.

twang
    Free Member

I’ve had them for years, they come and go.
    Two different types and treatment, ones caused by a bacteria in your gut, a blood test will determine this, treatable with a coarse of ABs. The other seems less clear, this is the one I’m just shaking off. A change of diet is working for me, no alcohol, no tea or coffee, no spicy foods, no citrus fruits, no tomato based stuff, low fat everything…its been a long month but pain free now and half a stone lighter.

jimbobo
    Free Member

lansoprazole and no fun in your diet. More of a drag than a problem, but if you start vomiting blood/coffee gradual type stuff or start passing black sticky stools its more of an issue.

Mine comes and goes, sometimes I feel ok for months, other times i’m in agony and can barely eat. If they send you for an endoscopy ask to be sedated as its horrible and easily the worst thing thats ever been done to me!

wwaswas

My F-i-L found out he had one a month or so back. First sign beyond ‘a bit of tummy ache’ was sitting down to go to the loo and losing at least a pint of blood. His day didn’t improve after that. I’d get yourself looked at sooner rather than later.

Drac

I thought I might after having similar problems and other issues.

I had bloods taken, shit sample and endoscope. Nothing found but inflammation of the stomach been on Omeprazole daily since and it’s been a good send. I can eat what I want again, drink alcohol particular red wine comfortably again and got more energy.

Off to your GP you go.

mudshark
    Free Member

Years ago I had a stomach problem – very strong burning feeling on and off for months. Tested negative for H Pylori, was given some meds but can’t remember what.

I tried eating/drinking thinks that are supposed to help such as apple vinegar and ginger and would again.

Xylene
    Free Member

Go to the Dr.

I’ve just had a member of staff off work for what he thought was stomach pains/acid reflux at the top of his stomach.

Drs at hospital put him on an EKG as part of the hospital practice, and before you know it he is about to get a ancheoplasty.

He had blood clots in the arteries around his heart, one of them was 100% blocked. No explanation for why, or how, it just happened.

Shook him up, cost the insurance company 27kUSD

cloudnine
    Free Member

Saw gp this morning and he suspects a pylori infection and prescribed lansoprazole..

cloudnine
    Free Member

Confirmed pylori infection.. lansoprazole and 2 different types of anti biotic for the next week.

Relieved it’s nothing sinister..

cloudnine
    Free Member

If anyone is vaguely interested.. Doctor seemed certain ive got a duodenal ulcer or ulcers. The Proton pump inhibitor Omeprazole make you feel like shit.. almost stoned, drowsy and seem to zap your energy.. really cant wait to stop taking them.

Out of curiosity bought some mastic gum tablets which seem to have massive benefits and have helped tremendously almost overnight. Have had no stomach type aches this morning. Im mr sceptical when it comes to alternative medicines but would certainly recommend taking them alongside other medications.

Also.. just to mention that if you are having heartburn / stomach burning type ache go see your doctor. Its thought that Ulcers and H. Pylori infections are linked to stomach / intestinal cancers further down the line.

chewkw
    Free Member

cloudnine – Member

Confirmed pylori infection.. lansoprazole and 2 different types of anti biotic for the next week.

Relieved it’s nothing sinister..

Glad to hear that it’s the bacteria and nothing else.

When I had my stomach pain I was “probed” / scoped throat down and was told there was slight acid reflux … hmmm … they did not say anything about the bacteria at that time. Just prescribed some Zantac I think … strong ones then told me to stop smoking …

Also.. just to mention that if you are having heartburn / stomach burning type ache go see your doctor. Its thought that Ulcers and H. Pylori infections are linked to stomach / intestinal cancers further down the line.

Yes, heard about this many years ago but I don’t think I was tested for it. How do they test you for Pylori?

😮

cloudnine
    Free Member

Stool sample and test takes a few days..

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Anyone had a stomach ulcer?’ is closed to new replies.