Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Anyone had a Spesh Downhill bike nicked in Glasgow area (or beyond)?
  • chief1409
    Free Member

On my commute last night a passed a young lad on a Spesh downhill bike in Glasgow city centre on the Clydeside. The lad had a bomber jacket, jeans and trainers, no helmet and it just looked out of place. I asked him where he got it and he said his dad bought it for him. Then i asked him where he rides and he said Mugdock or Cathkin (after very very long pause whilst he “remembered” the names of those places – which if you are not from Glasgow are genuine trails).

Thing is, the young lad had an English accent (and alopecia so wouldn’t be hard to recognise again if i needed to) and said he was new to the area, so maybe he genuinely wasn’t sure of the names and all is above board after all… So I decided i didn’t have genuine grounds to annoy the lad any further but now I’m still thinking something wasn’t right.

I’m not really up on my Spesh bikes (or downhill for that matter) so can’t say what it was other than silver in colour, with downhill forks, tyres with non-black side walls (red possibly) and looked in good nick.

If you know of a stolen bike or think it may have been yours once upon a time, post a picture or link to the type of bike and I’ll let you know if that’s what i saw….

If its genuine and the lad is on here then I apologise! Having had 3 bikes nicked I’m a bit sensitive to the matter!

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

bLOODy ‘ell, – POOR lad being accused of having stolen a bike without actually being accused.

Maybe he should write a topic on a forum online saying someone stole his hair.

chief1409
    Free Member

I already said it could be genuine and apologised in advance! Not doing anything wrong by checking am I? Thanks for the input though! 🙄

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Anyone had a Spesh Downhill bike nicked in Glasgow area (or beyond)?’ is closed to new replies.