Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone had a response to an email to works components…
  • fitnessischeating
    Free Member

I have emailed them a couple of times, as after a little bit of “simple” advice on what size headset to order, but never had a reply.

Cant find a phone number either….

My frame according to the manufacturers spec sheet has a head tube length of 149.9mm, so I ordered the set 6 for 150 to 159mm head tubes.

However when I measure it with a tape measure, along the frame taper (so not straight, the head actual head tube length should be sorter…) it measures 148mm

Would [they] recomend I get set 5, for 140-149mm head tubes
    or set 6 for 150-159mm head tubes.

Do I need to send the one I ordered back, for set 5, or wont it matter….

Any advice or alternate contact details for works components appreciated….

legend
    Free Member

Emailed them last week, response the same day iirc. Had similar in the past

Edited: dunno the answer now that I’ve read the question properly

thomthumb
    Free Member

it measures 148mm

just take it to a bike shop.

welshfarmer

I wrote to them via their Facebook side and had a reply same day. I had to check back to their side though as it did not notify me of the reply like it normally does, so I could have missed it!

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

it measures 148mm

just take it to a bike shop.

[/quote]

[Imagines blank look of utter bewilderment OP would get from most bike shops]

The differences you are talking about are absolutely minimal, I doubt you could measure the diffeence it’d make to the HA, in theory the bearings aren’t going to aligned as perfectly but either way you’re right on the edge of both.

Stevet1
    Free Member

Just stick with the set you’ve got, its not that critical. If you’re headset is slightly shorter then it will slacken it slightly more but not so much that you’d notice. This is what works components told me as I had a set that I wanted to reuse on a bike that had a shorter head tube than I originally bought it for.

scruff
    Free Member

Its just one bloke in a unit in Bridgetown, you might want to try emailing again. Great stuff though.

fitnessischeating
    Free Member

I wouldn’t trust any of the shops near me to fit a chain, let alone measure the head tube, and order and fit an appropriate headset!

monkeyfudger – that’s what i was thinking, so hoping they could set my mind at ease before I fitted it…

Stevet1 – great stuff thanks! will give it a go!

legend
    Free Member

scruff – Member

Its just one bloke in a unit in Bridgetown

Sophie is a weird name for a bloke

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone had a response to an email to works components…’ is closed to new replies.