Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone had a Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy – Kidney Stone removal
  • carlos
    Free Member

Long story short is that after a tumble on the bike in early August and somehow causing a tear in my left kidney, I spent a week in hospital to recover. No surgery other than to insert a stent. Whilst having the initial CT Scan I was diagnosed with having a 1.2 x 1.8mm kidney stone. (never suffered any of the classic symptoms and didn’t know I had one).

Fast forward to 6th December when I’m scheduled to have a percutaneous nephrolithotomy and stent removal. Seems I’ll only be in for 1/2 a day and then sent home.Thought I’d be in at least over night after surgery.

So were you kept in, sent home, bed rest (how long), off work, could n’t drive

Cheers
    Carlos

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Is that the one where your japs eye ends up like a busted catflap?

I have already got my coat and I am walking back to the line I just crossed….

carlos
    Free Member

Hahaha, no it’s the key hole jobbie.

They did insert the stent up that way though. 😯

wallop

That’s tiny! My husband usually wees them out and saves them to show me 😆

Good luck.

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

That’s a small one, I had one the size of a £2 coin.

Had a stent fitted and had it destroyed by sonic blasting! Felt like something was scrapping my bladder for two weeks and had a constant feeling of needing to pee which wasn’t great as I was a courier at the time.

Had the stent removed and felt like a new man! Went and got drunk and ended up blocking my pipes again with all the sludge!

carlos
    Free Member

Doh…. Should have typed 1.2 x 1.8 cm. It’s the size of a decent grape 🙄

Must admit the stent does make me want to pee a LOT, only really feel it when on longer rides. It must chafe a little

wallop

😯

chip
    Free Member

That’s tiny! My husband usually wees them out and saves them to show me

Does he pee through a strainer? 😀

carlos
    Free Member

So the 6th December was a Pre-Op and I was scheduled in for 10th January for the actual procedure :roll:. Happy days, get in plenty Christmas rides which is always fun when your off work for 2 weeks.

Today I get a call saying that they have a cancellation, do I want the slot and can I be at the hospital for 7am? Err… yeah sure. Okay then ‘Pack an overnight bag and prepare for a 2 night stop over’.

I guess its 6 of one and a half dozen of another, but for me getting it sorted sooner rather than later, albeit only 3 weeks earlier, is a good option. If I have a cold or Man Flu in January, that could delay it another month at least.

I wonder if they’ll let me see/keep the stones seeing as though I’ve got 9, ranging from 4mm to that big MoFo that’s like a grape.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone had a Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy – Kidney Stone removal’ is closed to new replies.