Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Anyone got/used the new Planet X waterproof jackets yet?
  • shedbrewed
    Free Member

mpw- was that an echobase you went for? I’m 6’2″ and 40″ chest, sounds close to you. I don’t want a flappy jacket. Thoughts?

mpw
    Free Member

Yes, the echobase.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Thanks

sv

Seems like a good price/spec, will see when it comes..

kimbers

Well my echobase came and went

The large was just too tight around my moobage area

Hope the xl isn’t too long in the arm as the large was probably at the limit of my stumpy t-rex arms

Jrrr
    Free Member

Be warned of the very Italian sizing!

I am 6’3″ 100 kg 44inch chest with very long arms….

I am wearing 3XL and it fits a treat!

….all my other road gear is XL

go figure :S

Jacket seems nice though, probably a bit better when below 10 degrees. haven’t actually ridden with it yet…

marmaduke
    Free Member

Got mine yesterday after waiting weeks! I’m 5’11.7″ slim build 10.5 stone/66kg and it fits PERFECTLY, praise jesus!! It is a short cut compared with a civilian jacket, but no where near as much as my Pissei jacket (which is like a crop-top), and will fit great on the bike. Looks smart and slim cut so will probably not fit a belly in it! 😀 cosy material, if you go hunting you’ll find some average stitch quality and a couple of loose thread ends but I can accept that for £30.
    For layers you will probably be able to fit a long sleeve lycra layer and a thin merino layer if your arms aren’t too thick.

The bum flap thing looks a bit funny, not totally sold on it, I think it would be useful to someone without proper mudguards.

All in all exceptional VFM just need to test in the rain now.

one more thing, the pockets on the back don’t have a thin flap over them like some jackets do so they might fill with the water which runs down the jacket

kimbers

Well I’ve had my echobase for a while now, its not too bad I’m a manly 😉 5ft8 and had to go with an xl

Cut is OK even in xl the arms aren’t too long

It looks nice, material is reasonably rigid and doesn’t pack down especially small and dirt brushes off really well which is nice

It is impressively waterproof and windproof though

But, boy is it sweaty ,shame it doesn’t have any pit zips, definitely a cold weather winter coat

dhyetiman
    Free Member

That’s a shame as it looks nice at first look, but that huge logo on the back would make me feel like I was wearing a billboard! Shame as I don’t mind the slightly more subtle branding on the shoulder, and without the huge Planet X text I think it would be a winner!

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got/used the new Planet X waterproof jackets yet?’ is closed to new replies.