Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Anyone got/ridden a niner one 9 or a salsa selma ? feedback please
  • tazzymtb

I’m looking into getting either a niner one 9 or a salsa selma. Has anyone got any feedback with regards to ride, quality, customer service etc..

or any recommendations for something similarly wisp like and racey. (don’t say scandal I’ve done that to death :D)

cheers in advance

Ringo
    Free Member

What about a voodoo aizan? keef had one that was really light i think

tazzymtb

Hi ringo, yep I’d love an aizan but only the old one was SS’able as the new one is a gearie

Ringo
    Free Member

ahh yes, his had the slidy dropouts he sold it to jas (the yank)

Rorschach
    Free Member

I’m in the same boat as you Tazzy…love my scandal but time for something else.
    Selma has been quietly dropped.Ison may still have some but tyre clearance is tight and chainstays a little long for me.Not superlight at 4.3lb either,there is a replacement but its a way off yet.
    Looked at Yeti Big Top but suffers from same problems as the selma.
    OnOne carbon ss but only its mother could love it.
    The Niner is very nice indeed…but pricey for ali.
    I think i’m going to wait for the new on one titanium…unless I can’t help myself and get the new selma Ti (and declare myself bankrupt).

Picto
    Free Member

Go ti Taz. You know you want to.
    I am sure the niner is an expensive version of what you have.

gee
    Free Member

Hi

The Selma is a great looking frame, rides nicely, not particularly light but really sorted 29er geometry.

New one is no doubt coming along to go with the recently announced new Mamasita. Based on that frame, it will probably have an all-alu frame and a tapered head tube.

Paint is good quality and hasn’t got beaten up at all.

GB

tazzymtb

Picto – If I can find a Ti under 3.2lbs for a medium 29er frame I’d think about it. Especially if it means I can make you work that little bit harder on the hills 😉

I know the one 9 is just a blinged version of what I’ve got and less rare, but it does look lovely. I REALLY REALLY REALLY NEED to find a second hand one. That way My brain doesn’t have to come to terms with paying over 800 quid for an alloy frame 😆

Rorschach
    Free Member

Replacement selma will be the one.Sorted geometry,tapered headtube,swinger dropouts,good weight and if it prices the same as the marmasita great value.I just don’t think it’ll be anytime soon 😥

Keef
    Free Member

Tazz,my Pegasus is around 3.2lbs (prototype,not production)and all I can say is,the best thing I did was to sell the Aizan and buy the Singular.
    The Aizan was very stiff and unforgiving,quick as **** in the turns and climbed like a scalded cat,but beat the cack out of me on anything other than mud.
    The Peggy is as quick,climbs as well,but is much more comfy,popped round CYB on the Peggy,last week,Niner carbons on the front,of course.faster than a couple of full sussers,and a couple of hardcore hardtails,and I didn’t feel like I’d called Tyson’s burd a minger the next day 😉
    PS,of course,if you were to join us on one of our bimbles,you could probably try both frames back to back……….

Picto
    Free Member

There you go Taz nice ti frame 3.2lbs. You know it makes sense.
    Please don’t get one too soon though as I am liking the niner, and don’t want unsettling with the new bike itch anytime soon.

Clink
    tazzymtb

keef I’ll come and join you for a bimble matey 😀

Clink was thinking about a flint, but haven’t seen many reviews yet….and I know it makes me a big tart, but white just looks a bit gash

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Carbon is the answer- but not for my lardy arse!
    But go for nice carbon not dog ugly

Keef
    Free Member

Tazz,email in profile chap.give us a shout !

boxelder

Ringo – you still got a Kielder 100 entry to sell? I mailed you.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got/ridden a niner one 9 or a salsa selma ? feedback please’ is closed to new replies.