Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone got/had a Robbie audax winter bike?
  • gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

Just curious really, I don’t like ridind my good bike in the wet at all and come winter it really does cut my options down so idly wondering if a fully mudguareded rabble might be a good shout esp if I can find a used frame.

Mainly how do they feel, will one be awful compared to my sworks tarmac or are they quite good?

andyt1054
    Free Member

Try a Kinesis T2 – IMO much better and geo closer to a race bike than most popular winter steeds

Ive had one for the last 3 years and through gradually upgrading as things wear out – i really enjoy riding it

MoreCashThanDash

If you mean Ribble, I’ve had one or two over the years.

Great value for money. Never had a problem with them service wise.

They are a little harsh, and unless they’ve changed them, you struggle to get 25mm tyres under the mudguards. They also used to size up a bit large in my experience.

But there’s a reason lots of roadies have them.

RustySpanner

Really tight tyre/guard clearance on the Rubble, and they’re a bit harsh to ride, tbh.
    Low at the front, very racy.

Edit, as above!

Spa Audax is nice.

joshvegas
    Free Member

I’m assuming the op means the audax nit the wintertraining frame.

LS
    Free Member

Unless they’ve changed recently then they have silly seat angles on the larger sizes (74 degrees I think), which makes the effective top tube massive. I had one for a while and it’s a solid workhorse but in no way exciting.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

Yes ribble, spell checker strikes again.

I didn’t realise there was a winter frame and an audax, thought they were the same thing. Either way on with mudguard eyelets.

reformedfatty
    Free Member

As stated, clearance is a bit tight, the other problem I had was the year I had come with a pro-lite como wheelset, and the sealing on the hubs was non-existent, utterly ruined them in short order.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got/had a Robbie audax winter bike?’ is closed to new replies.