Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone got white tyres on their road bike?
  • LardLover
    Free Member

Any pics??

oldgit
    Free Member

Aren’t white tyres meant to be very err ungrippy!

LardLover
    Free Member

Just thinking about some, but probably won’t. Just wanted to know if anyone was using them and what they looked like 😳

But if, as you say, they aren’t grippy, then I definitely won’t be getting any………………………….not unless they make your bike look lush 8)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Gary_M
    Free Member

do you mean all white or with a white stripe a la schwalbe stelvio?

In either case they will be just like white bar tape – looks great (well an all white tyre will never look great) until you start using it then it looks crap after the first ride. Just go with grey – the white will soon look like that anyway.

aP
    Free Member

I bought some “off white” Vittoria road tyres about 8 years ago, I haven’t repeated the purchase.

RealMan
    Free Member

Mister-P
    Free Member

White GP4000. Not noticed them being particularly slippery. They are the same compound as GP4000 before the introduction on Black Chilli so they may not be as good as them but they are fine for me.

MrSmith
    Free Member

i use white bartape, just get the shop put some new stuff on after every ride. 🙂

actually i don’t get new fitted when dirty, it’s the selle san marco lorica stuff so easy to clean.

marty
    Free Member

have a pair of the white gp4000s, but waiting for the right bike. and dry roads…

white fizik microtex bar tape FTW!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got white tyres on their road bike?’ is closed to new replies.