• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by xcgb.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone got Vodafone fibre broadband?
  • chilled76
    Free Member

Morning all,

Fed up of paying through the nose for Virgin package and have had a good deal offered by Vodafone…

But it’s an 18 month contract so would like to hear from some people who are with them first?

Alphabet

I’ve been with them for about 18 months. No problems really. I had around 30M download with BT which has dropped to about 22M with Vodafone although it does creep up a bit and then back down again over time. You have to use the Vodafone supplied router seems at least as good as BT’s Homehub if not better. You can’t use your own router like you can with BT.

codybrennan
    Free Member

Yeah (I was one of the trial customers). Probably as good as you’ll get for FTTC. Decent customer service too, which is really saying something for Vodafone.

xcgb
    Free Member

Yes ditched BT about 9 month ago, switchover was seamless, we were warned that the broadband may drop out occasionally which it did, but it has got much better. the router does very occasionally need to be turned off and on again not sure why but it hasn’t happened for a few weeks now.

I had a problem after a few weeks with my home phone in that when i called it someone else answered!!!

The call centre were UK based and very helpful, and it turned out that an open reach bod had plugged us in to someone else’s line so not really vodafones fault

Broadband speed increased even though its still the same openreach line

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Vodafone customer services are like a big dog shite. Not really unpleasant until you stand on it and break the outer crust, then they’re farkin rotten.

xcgb
    Free Member

But nothing can be as bad as BT surely………..

oldtalent
    Free Member

My friends recent experience is that for the sake of saving a few quid a month, it’s just not worth the agro of slow speeds (3mbps) and appalling customer service.
    Better phone virgin and get a discount. Mine came down by £10.

codybrennan
    Free Member

Nobeerinthefridge – Member
    Vodafone customer services are like a big dog shite.

The broadband teams are new, and separate to the regular customer services bods, and whats more, they get a lot of training.

What I’m saying is: they’re actually pretty good, and get most things fixed.

xcgb
    Free Member

Which was my experience

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got Vodafone fibre broadband?’ is closed to new replies.