• This topic has 124 replies, 64 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by daveh.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 125 total)
  • Anyone got their lollipop yet (nexus 5)
  • nickjb
    Free Member

Not a good start.

Can’t access one of the games I play. Can’t log in to play store. Lots of visual changes that I’m yet to find one I like (why new home icon?). Two swipes to unlock lock screen. Three presses/swipes to get to settings. I’m sure I’ll get used to it but so far, so bad

RDL-82
    Free Member

Two swipes to unlock lock screen. Three presses/swipes to get to settings.

Drag two fingers from top then tap the cog.

Not sure why you need two swipes to unlock, I obly need one. Is the padlock on lock screen showing closed or open? If its showing closed it will take two swipes but default is open and one swipe.

Liking it so far, only real criticism is loss of silent, had no issues with any accounts etc but then I flashed the factory image for a clean start.

Only app I’ve had issue with so far is mixcloud but you can’t blame google for a lazy app develop as the previews were out for long enough.

nickjb
    Free Member

Drag two fingers from top then tap the cog.

I’ll still count that as 3. Previously the double swipe took you straight to settings. Now the only difference between double and single is that the settings button is shown

Not sure why you need two swipes to unlock, I obly need one

one swipe from the padlock then another to unlock

IHN

Do I need a smartwatch to make the most of Google Fit, or will it sync into other apps like My Tracks?

RDL-82
    Free Member

You don’t have to swipe from the padlock though unless it’s showing as closed which would have required you to press it first anyway. If it’s showing open as is default then you can swipe up from anywhere in one go to unlock. At least that is all I have to do.

nickjb
    Free Member

Any idea how I un-install it? I think I’ll wait for 5.1

miketually
    Free Member

Still sat on KitKat on my Galaxy Nexus, though lots of the app-level changes are coming through anyway (Mail and Calendar updated recently, I’ve been using Fit for a week or so, and I got Inbox yesterday). The more I hear about Lollipop, the more I think I’ll upgrade to an N4 or N5, or a Moto-G.

blahblahblah
    Free Member

Big video playback issues with 5.0 on the Nexus 7.

You might want to hold off updating for a while. I updated by sideloading from my computer and I can no longer use YouTube. iPlayer and the like still work.

Some people are reporting further issues with video recording et al.

Be careful out there.

RDL-82
    Free Member

@nickjb you probably can via the factory images which are readily available and flash via adb. Not 100? sure though. XDA forum would be the place to check.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

It’s shit up the wireless on my Nexus 4. Keeps disconnecting then reconnecting – doing it at home and in the office.

andytherocketeer

i like the easter egg

jeffl

Flappy android. Working fine on my Nexus 5. Although the proximity unlock, or whatever it’s called doesn’t work that well. Oh and work email is kaput, but that’s more a work security issue than Lollipop.

soobalias
    Free Member

all fine on the nexus 4
    some stuff looks a little different

oh sorry, its new and strange and i dont like it

mikewsmith
    Free Member

No real issues here on the 5 so far, couple of app crashes on day 1 but nothing since then and lots and lots of app updates coming through. Only thing I can’t find is the silent no vibrate setting for being asleep, probably means I need to go into the DND or block settings.

nickjb
    Free Member

Definitely messed mine up. Flattened the battery 3 times in a day. Can’t connect to any Google services. Dropped a phone call. Won’t connect over usb. I’m yet to find a redeeming feature, the open apps list is much worse than 4. I want to like and I’d be much happier if it worked it but I’m struggling.

Cougar

Arrived today on my first-gen Nexus 7.

Annoyingly, the battery’s too low to install the bugger. Currently charging.

Kit
    Free Member

Nexus 5 bought direct from Google and still no Lollipop OTA…

Cougar

Ooh, new twirly boot animation.

Cougar

Ooh, new twirly boot animation.

Cougar

And,

Lollipop, I has it.

muggomagic

Received the OTA for the nexus 7 2012 yesterday morning.

I really like the look and the animations. The nexus itself has been becoming really slow to do pretty much anything, but since the update it’s a lot quicker when app switching or opening a link etc. The best feature I’ve found so far (other than the easter egg) is search in settings.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

And my phone has started crashing again. Completely non responsive this morning, had to hold down buttons until led flashed red then it eventually started the factory boot loader. To be fair, it has done this before on kit-kat, but not for a while. So hopefully it is a misbehaving app that needs an update.

daveh
    Free Member

Nexus 5 bought direct from Google and still no Lollipop OTA…

Reckon they’re saving us till last, let all those who bought from 3rd parties iron out the bugs! 🙂

aphex_2k
    Free Member

HTC One M8 Google Edition Lollipop is out on Friday apparently.

BillOddie

Not arrived on my direct from google N5 as yet…

Can’t be arsed messing about, will wait for the OTA update.

portlyone

I’m happy to wait to

*checks for updates*

portlyone

*checks for updates*

daveh
    Free Member

It’s here, and it’s different!

spooky_b329

After playing with the triple tap the version number I get a pretty KitKat screen so still waiting on my Nexus 4 🙁

However, I then triple tapped the build number and after the third go it reveals a developer menu on main settings screen…lots of clever geeky stuff in there it seems 🙂

BillOddie

Lollipop turned up for Nexus 5 last night, earlier days but it seems a bit of an improvement.

muggomagic

Nexus 7 2012 after the initial improvement seems to be struggling now. I might try a full reset as there is very little on there other than the stock apps and see if that improves things.

Slightly OT, but if anyone wants an invite to inbox let me know as I have a few going spare.

neilnevill
    Free Member

finally, I’ve just got the notification on my n5, currently downloading. I’m not expecting any great leaps…and will need to learn to silence the thing.

crazy-legs

My phone (HTC One M8) downloaded a 75Mb update earlier but it wasn’t Lollipop. Got a Nexus 7 (2nd gen) waiting for it too.

Heard various mixed reviews so will see what happens…

daveh
    Free Member

Nexus 5 is just about ready to crap out but has done 3 hrs screen on, haven’t seen much over 2 hrs recently so maybe Volta has brought improvement.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Well that update just hosed a battery that was at 70%. Phone is faster but scrolling is jerky, visual changes will take a day or two to get used to, I’ve lost my photo gallery widget and app…. Why did they Bother?! Oh and keyboard seems weird

neilnevill
    Free Member

At least my notification bar sorry cut to silence the phone staid

JohnnyPanic

Stutter issue on N5 after lollipop.

My N4 upgraded 2 nights ago and no issues since, although I wasn’t a fan of the way Gmail stole my email accounts from K9 and my contacts from ‘People’.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

crazy-legs – Member
    My phone (HTC One M8) downloaded a 75Mb update earlier but it wasn’t Lollipop.

The Google Play Edition Lollipop for HTC M8 is meant to be around today (Friday) so the custom roms (minus Sense) will be starting to surface. HTC reckon december/jan for the Sense version of lollipop with hopefully a new version of sense (7.0). I tried a custom rom of Lollipop last week. Looked great but a little buggy – wifi not always working, data connection temperamental too.

Moses

My Nexus 7 has borked itself, Lollipop has slowed it to a crawl, the auto rotate has stopped working, and I’m pissed off with it.

Bimbler
    Free Member

My Nexus 7 has borked itself, Lollipop has slowed it to a crawl, the auto rotate has stopped working, and I’m pissed off with it.

Back up all data and then do this

and then wipe data/factory reset

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 125 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got their lollipop yet (nexus 5)’ is closed to new replies.