Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • anyone got teva link mids? looking for some opinions!
  • cazum
    Free Member

can get them new for £50 so quite a significant saving over the other options of five ten impact2’s or freeriders!

i have superstar nano pedals and atm my feet are slipping off mostly due to the trainers am using so looking for other more suitable footwear

danti

I was in the same position as yourself and saw some cheap slightly less than £50 from Rutland on ebay, being a newbie to flatties I was wanting to have a try on the cheap, also using Superstar pedals but regretted it as they don’t grip.
    My feet were bouncing off the pedals on the slightest rocks/drops, it may be my crap riding but here in the peaks on rocky descents they were useless causing me to almost stack on a number of occasions.

If I was going to buy some shoes I’d spend the extra and get five tens as they’re the ones most people swear by.

If you do want a pair in size 11 that have only been used for 2 rides and in great condition then drop me a line.

mezimov

I have a pair of the low Teva links and the mids and much prefer the mids. The sole is the same between the two and fits the bill for me; I like being attached but not too attached to shift my feet on the pedals and they work well, used with Wellgo Magnesium flats.
    The extra protection afforded by the mids has saved my bacon from being snaffled by the rocks of Laggan, Golspie and the like. Also comfy off the bike and jet-washable without disintegration. Very highly recommended!

theraggyone
    Free Member

Im using the links mids ,I absolutly love them they grip really well on my nukeproof pedals but still allow you to reposition your feet, they are well built , look much better in real life than in the pictures, pretty weatherproof and I got mine for £40.

Half the riders at this years redbull rampage were wearing them so they cant be that bad. Only gripe I have is there a little heavy but they are boots so I expected that but its nice to have ankle protection:) in my opinion they look better than the legions of 5/10 impacts and freeriders that you see everywhere

cazum
    Free Member

cheers for that guys! at almost half the price of the 5/10’s it could be a great option!

laggan off there for the 3rd this year in 3 weeks and was at golspie just over a month ago! great fun!

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I’m not sure if it will help, but I asked something similar recently HERE, I did buy them but haven’t used them yet so I can’t make any further comment.

Cheers.

nick1962
    Free Member

They look better than Impacts(what doesn’t) but don’t grip anything like. I use mine for XC mincing and have bought a new pair of 5:10s for my gnarr exploits.
    Old style Freeriders are “only” £64 at CRC at the moment.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘anyone got teva link mids? looking for some opinions!’ is closed to new replies.