Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone got stuff on back order from Madison?
  • wwaswas

It’s either on this half;

or this half;

according to twitter.

http://gcaptain.com/mol-box-ship-suffers-broken-back-sinks-off-yeme/

7500 containers is a lot of ‘stuff’!

LoCo
    Free Member

I hope my shocks and springs aren’t on that one 👿

bencooper
    Free Member

Aye, I saw that on Dom’s Twitter feed. Oops 😉

However, could be worse – one of my recumbent suppliers lost a containerload of frames a few years back when there was a fire onboard, and a container of Chinese fireworks exploded. The explosion blew about 100 40ft containers right off the ship.

project
    Free Member

Should be intresting when the insurance companies ask what locks where fitted to the doors, and then tell you that youre not covered for flood damage. 😯

khani
    Free Member

They don’t seem to be actually sinking in the pics though do they, or have they now sunk?

wwaswas

UPDATE: The MRCC in Mumbai has just tweeted saying that the sections are still afloat and are being monitored.

Who’s for heading off and doing a bit of salvage work then?

bencooper
    Free Member
    MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

A few years ago when I was importing secondhand motorbikes from Japan a ship carry8ing one of my containers had a fire in the Mediterranean. After the event the shipping company declared ‘General Average’, which under maritime law requires all those with goods on board to share the cost of the loss. I was very glad I had taken out the optional insurance.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got stuff on back order from Madison?’ is closed to new replies.