Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone got some broken RS Revelations? Need a part…
  • imnotamused
    Free Member

I need the red rebound adjuster from a set of 2008 (or 07 or 06 I think) RS Revelations and the bolt that it fits over which screws through the leg in to the fork innards please.

Mine have siezed together meaning that if I have tightened the leg bolt I can only have super Benny Hill turbo pogo stick rebound speed. If I loosen the adjuster the leg bolt comes with it which is nice.

angryratio
    Free Member

use an allen key to adjust the rebound.
    disgard your red adjuster..

imnotamused
    Free Member

? The bolt with the allen key hole in it holds my forks together doesn't it? If I undo that the bolt screws out of the leg.

retro83
    Free Member

He means pull the red thing off and jam a 2.5 (?) mm allenkey up the inside of the bolt. If the entire bolt moves when you do this, they probably are rather overdue a service…

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Can't anyone read today, I might have one I'll have a lookie in an hour or so.

imnotamused
    Free Member

Ahh, I see. Hence the long (I guess 2.5mm diameter) allen key thing that's connected to the red adjuster which passes through the bolt. Makes sense now.

Only issue is that red adjuster and fork bolt are seized together – I tried to get them apart the other night with no luck but now I know that the red adjuster can be discarded I can be a bit more brutal.

What's your recommendation for plugging up the hole in the bolt in the absence of a red cap?

imnotamused
    Free Member

schrickvr6 – cheers 😆

tracknicko
    Free Member

you dont need to plug the hole. and if you can turn rebound onto slower then its at least partly loose right?

mole grips!

IA

If you can move it a touch you can jam a screwdriver in the gap between adjuster and the fork leg, then twist to get the red cap off.

And service your forks whilst you're at it, they're obviously overdue. Worn stanchions a go-go.

imnotamused
    Free Member

Yeah they could do with a service definately, just need to get round to buying some 15wt oil

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got some broken RS Revelations? Need a part…’ is closed to new replies.