Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Sanyo Xacti DMX-CA9 (Waterproof trail camera?)
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Thought this might be a good idea to take out on the trail as it is 720p camcorder and upto 9 mega pixel stills oh and waterproof to 1.5m. Anyone got one?

fozzybear
    Free Member

look on the gadget show, they did a review of "sports" cameras with waterproof shock jobbies, think they ended up blowing them up to break them…
    was the one with susie in a hot pool in a bikini and jason filming / photgraphing her..

foxyrider
    Free Member

I cant find it on their website – The show I mean – esp with S. Perry in a bikiniki!

fozzybear
    Free Member

think the pentax optio w30 won..

fozzybear
    Free Member
    fozzybear
    Free Member

£280 quid for the W80 £240 for the one your looking at…

foxyrider
    Free Member

Just watching it now – can get it for £230 inc del. Ahh I saw those but only wacthed the first 2 – cheers!

fozzybear
    Free Member

better video, better camera all round, better sealing on the camera itself and a evolution camera (started of w30 and ittereations have developed that camera to where it is today) i personally would get the W80 looking at the specs and history and what the gadget show did to them and it still worked!!

foxyrider
    Free Member

Nah this one is a camcoder – HD and 9 megapixel and whilst not bombproof got good specs for a dual camcorder/still camera I think!

Oops didn;t read your link… reading now!

fozzybear
    Free Member

that's ok, happy to try and help, i'm a bit of a camera buff (not full blown geek).

i honestly think your paying for the design the suppossed "hand camera" position..
    IIRC jason tried one (like your looking at) and said as a video it was "ok" the good points were the nice hand position when holding it and using it as a video camera bad were it's a poor camera, akward to use as a camera as all the controls are on the screen etc.
    the W80 while it won't be as good in movie mode it would be a better allround choice of video and photos and ruggedness. (i think it records in 1080 HD looking at the specs)

foxyrider
    Free Member

Yeh sli better spec (i.e. more rubust) but costs more about £30-40. Hmm – I'll think about that. Cheers Fozzy!

foxyrider
    Free Member

"available to order from early August 2009" – doesnt seem to be out yet?

fozzybear
    Free Member

wouldn't say slightly better, the pentax will have a better lens/sensor than the sanyo, the flash will be more effective. deffo more rugged. far greater iso range (will work in darker conditions) larger sensor, it has a wider angle lens (good for biking shots with backgrounds) but the sanyo does zoom in more..

fozzybear
    Free Member

yer, not out yet… not long mind…

foxyrider
    Free Member

where the pics from teh xacti rubbish or just not as good as the pentax as I do like teh point and shoot of teh sanyo? I got an FX-50 lumix 7mp as teh mo – worse of same in your opinion fozzy? Got any example pics? PM me if you could?

fozzybear
    Free Member

won't be as good as the pentax imo not rubbish just not as good.

how much movie do you think your doing?
    mostly movie? bits of both?
    i have the lumix as does my GF, my best camera was my nikon though.. excellent i think the fx50 will be only slightly poorer..

foxyrider
    Free Member

I think bits of both TBH – something better than my iphone – maybe sililar to the lumix but the lumix vid stuff is not great – nead a good all rounder I think. I do have a HD camcorder and helmet cam which is good but needs planning in advance if you know what I mean – good vid and mod good camera. I hope you dont mind I PM'd you.

fozzybear
    Free Member

foxy, i'll reply at home (packing up to go to the alps atm sorry)
    this is my GF's lumix TZ7
    http://www.buyacamera.co.uk/xsearch.asp?searchtype=Name&searchfor=PANASONICLUMIXTZ7&pt=f

here are two movies
    http://www.motionbox.com/videos/7a9dddb01e1ce4c0f5
    http://www.motionbox.com/videos/7a9ddcb2191be6c1f5

make sure you click on "Get a clearer picture in High Definition" for a better movie..
    thats almost the same as the W80…

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Sanyo Xacti DMX-CA9 (Waterproof trail camera?)’ is closed to new replies.