Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anyone got/ ridden/ got a real time review of the Titus FTM?
  • Teetosugars
    Free Member

Anyone?

I’m still debating buying a full suss, and this looks a bit of a good deal on a frame..

Want something for all day Gheycoremincelite™ style of riding..

thejesmonddingo

That’ll be a pair of nice comfy shoes then.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

That’ll be a pair of nice comfy shoes then.

tonyd

A friend has one and is very happy with it. I couldn’t give you details I’m afraid, other than he used to be quick and now he’s even faster!

thejesmonddingo

When I’m doing Gheycoremincelite™,I’m walking,otherwise it’s aggressive xc,even on towpaths 😉

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I had the FTMc, if you search this forum, there are quite a few comments on these.

Its light (25lb build possible without too much effort), I thought it was fairly plush (others thought it was more taut) but pedals well.

Lots of comments re. a relatively steep head angle but I never really found it an issue.

A bargain, I’d have another.

dantsw13

I have an FTMc, which I like a lot. The Monarch shock works fine, but adjustment range is very narrow. I have had a few QC issues with mine but they have been sorted under warranty.

It is very light!!

rob-jackson
    Free Member

i had an FTMc – loved it – light, climbed well, just a really high top tube 🙁

wors

I asked on one if they were updating the FTM in the near future, and the answer was watch this space. So watch this space 😀

Conan257
    Free Member

Happy with mine. 27lbs with 150mm Revelations, Hope/Flow wheels and 2×9. No silly lightweight stuff, fairly burly build.

Just be aware there have been issues with Monarch shocks rubbing the frame (frame was designed for RP23). Easy solution is to turn the shock around front to back.

Only issue I think are the lack of and cost of spares. Mech hangers (I’ve demolished 2, which is a little odd as I’ve never damaged one on any other bike) are about £20 if you can get hold of one, and bushing kits retail at £50 (bigger name brands can be found for around £25). I’ve some play in the main pivot and will be doing a service in the hope I don’t need to replace the bushings yet.

Another minor point is the internal guiding is made for normal cables/outers/hoses. I upgraded to goodridge and they’re too big to fit in the normal fasion which has made for some custom routing (still internal, just not as designed).

Head angle not too steep (as mentioned above) but I am running 150mm forks.

Edit: I have an FTM Carbon… Don’t think it’s that different except maybe a pound lighter than the Alu version.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

i had an FTMc – loved it – light, climbed well, just a really high top tube

How do you mean Rob?

Not enough stand over?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Minimal

dantsw13

I’ve not found stand over an issue at all. In fact, I’d say the big drop at the rear end of the top tube makes it the best of all the bikes I’ve ridden. Mine is a M and I’m 5’11.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got/ ridden/ got a real time review of the Titus FTM?’ is closed to new replies.