Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone got one? Transition 2018 SBG content
  • howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I have gone for a large smuggler but I’ve read a few comments on forums that the sbg offset stuff makes it feel short. What size are you on? I’m 185cm.

Also, it’s my first time with a 29er wheels other than an xc machine. What wheels have you gone for?

Ta!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

NE1?

ultracrepidarian
    Free Member

I sat on a large Sentinel and it felt fine at 183cm.
    I was interested in the Smuggler, but the shop didn’t have any.
    Any chance you can weigh the Smuggler frame? I was scared off by the ’18 Patrol weighing a porky 4.2kg.

rene59
    Free Member

No help to the OP but I have a pre-sbg 2016 smuggler in XL and at 6’4″ it’s perfect. I have flow ex rims on hope hubs.

No idea the weight – probably quite heavy, but so am I. The bike doesn’t ride like it though.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Thanks all . I haven’t got the frame yet but have ordered it. The time to order a different size is now…! I’m firmly in the middle of Transition’s ‘large’ so I’m sure its fine.

re weight I’m not bothered I’ve lost 5kg so a kilo heavier frame makes no difference.

however I am wondering about carbon wheels for 29er stiffness

honourablegeorge

Bit puzzled as to the SBG tweaks could be making the bikes feel short – isn’t SBG longer, slacker frames with just the fork offset changed?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I probably think its a visual thing. The fork/wheel doesn’t look like it is so far out in front of you…. no idea!

honourablegeorge

There’s definitely a visual thing with the fork being in line with the headtube instead of pushed forward. Have only found shorter offset to be a good thing though.

Wookster

What the SBG adds in reach it takes away in stem length.
    I’m 188cm tall and on the pre SBG XL Smuggler. So my bike has a 50mm stem with a reach of 487, the new SBG Bike has a 500mm reach but a 40mm stem so the bars are in about the same position. I went XL as I was above min seat post insertion on the L and the reach being longer was better for me.

They’re not light bikes but the abuse ( both intentional and unintentional) is amazing and it climbs better than I ever will.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got one? Transition 2018 SBG content’ is closed to new replies.