Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone got one of these for night riding?
  • Whos_Daddy
    Free Member
    dantsw13

Wouldn’t you get huge shadow issues with the light source being that low? Off the top of my head, I can’t think of any reason TO have one??

curlie467
    Free Member

It would take me about three minutes to give that a good twotting on something!

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

Also a high risk of getting smashed off & a expensive light in lots of bits…. Not for me thanks…

hugor
    Free Member

Would make a great GoPro mount. Just got to pick your lines carefully!

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

I like the idea of one on the rear, as an extra place to mount a rear light.

Northwind

It’ll cast a lot of shadows but that could work well- head lights don’t cast useful shadows so it can be harder to judge the size of obstacles, so maybe head + fork instead of head + bars.

Shame it won’t fit my bikes really or I’d give it a crack.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I was just thinking of something like that the other day! Would solve the usual helmet lamp problem of everythign being ‘flat’.

Also a high risk of getting smashed off & a expensive light in lots of bits…. Not for me thanks…

Good job DX do them for £20 then 🙂 And after quite a few crashes I’ve found that lights tend to fall off before they get damaged.

How much of an issue is the shadow cast by the front wheel, anyone got any beam shots?

Northwind

OTOH I think I’d rather have something a bit less solid- that looks like it might turn out stronger than the frame/fork it’s bolted to.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

A solution in search of a problem?

binners

I’m loving the description “a pretty useful knob”

I may steal that to put as a summary of myself on job applications, CV’s etc 😀

STATO
    Free Member

£5 is a bargain when you look at how much the equivalent Paul Components ones are. Min you i got a more basic version for £3 on Billys (i think). Really usefull for mounting an additional cheap light to spot debris in the gutter when commuting.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got one of these for night riding?’ is closed to new replies.