Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Anyone got one of these $60 3600 lumen lights?
  • JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Light malls 3600 lumen light

If so feedback please!

andyl
    Free Member

surely that is really about 1800 lumen?

It won’t be 3600 Lumens. Still bright enough though.

It would have to give off some 25W of heat at that level. The battery is 4 x 2.2AHr which is 30W per hour. So that’ll be one hour only. Hmmmm…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    chrisdiesel
    Free Member

Was just about to order an e bay 1800 lumen light to try out a bit of night riding , is link one looks very similar but with x3 cree LEDs instead of one !!! I know it won’t be any where near the stated power but surely x3 will give a better been pattern ? Or will the battery last 10 mins ?

Frankers
    Free Member

Mine has just turned up, no chance to try yet but will give it a go tonight and post back

uselesshippy
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered one.
    I was worried about battery life, so order an extra, larger battery.
    I know it wont be3600 lumen, but at that price, what the hell.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Feedback please!

cookeaa

I’d be interested to know how the modes actually work on it.

Modes: 4
    Mode Arrangement: Single T6 LED > 2 T6 LEDS > 3 T6 LEDS > Strobe

If its running the single emmiter at full power in “single” mode that would be a bit OTT and still run the battery down too fast IMO, I know the ~50% mode you get on most cheapy single emitter XML lights is sufficient for riding most open trails and roads and you just dial it up for singletrack/woods as and when required, helps to save battery life…

If the 3 emmiter mode is all 3 run at full power then that has to spank the battery pretty hard I’d have thought, doubt many would use it too often, do they do a twin emmiter version at all?

And yet another light with a bloody strobe mode, do people really need this on a light for night riding? cheapy commuter light fine, but for night riding I want “scalable” power/battery life not bothered about triggering fits for oncoming drivers TBH…

Northwind

Looks interesting…

How does the mode switching work? If it’s cyclic, that’s always annoying with a strobe… But if it’s got a long-press on off in same mode then that’d be better.

cookeaa

The silly number of modes and cycle switching on cheapy far eastern lights is always the key problem that never gets addressed.

What I would really like is to just have 2 modes: High and low (50% and 100%?) and then hold the switch for 2-3 seconds to turn it off, or even just disconnect the batery for brutal simplicity, and thats it, strobes, multiple intensities and programable power settings are too much faff on the trail IMO…

Northwind

My MJ-872 has 2 nice big buttons, up and down. 4 useful modes, no strobe. Hold down either button for a second or two to switch on or off, and pleasingly it resumes in the same mode it went off. That’s not far off perfect IMO. It could get away with less modes, and I could even tolerate a flash mode at the bottom since it’d be easy to avoid. It’s a surprisingly vice-free little light.

This one seems to use the same shell but looks to have different switching.

mrjmt
    Free Member

You guys that bought from lightmalls, did you have to pay for fedex shipping?
    The checkout page says that if your order includes batteries to the UK you must choose fedex…?

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

What you have deduced is correct.
    I bought a xml torch from them yesterday.No batteries so no fedex. 😛

peakprowler
    Free Member

Ordered one last night & selected Singapore post option at $5.85

shem
    Free Member

I have the 1600 Lumen equivalent, £35 over here in the uk. Brilliant quality light, built quality of the light unit is good, wiering can be a bit flimsy, but you can always fix that easily if it goes anyway. Bargain night riding!

molgrips
    Free Member

Damn, I just shelled out for a troutie!

RustyMac

molgrips

what did you go for?

you would have had to mess about and re wire one of these to run on your batteries any how.

molgrips
    Free Member

I think it’s a Mini with four XPGs in it, so like a liberator.

singletrackmind

I have a triple XML torch with 5 modes . Low , medium , high and uselss SOS and Strobe.
    Only takes 2 x 18650 so about an hour on medium.
    Its proper mental bright , too bright in the trees as the light bounces back of tree trunks .
    Its like a car headlight and you can easily drive at 40mph with it out the side window.

There is also a Chinky Exposure Maxx copy 3 x XML plus 4 x 18650 cable free, sort of coke can sized thing $55ish, drawback is 2 mode and low battery life on full chat . Skyray here.-

http://dx.com/p/fandyfire-uv-s5-xm-l-t6-3-mode-3000lm-3-led-white-flashlight-w-strap-yellow-4-x-18650-120679

RustyMac

I think it’s a Mini with four XPGs in it, so like a liberator.

I’ve seen one of them (Trout mini’s), they are very impressive lights!

I’m still using converted Lumicycle halogens with triple XPG’s. The XPG’s give a great spread of light, nice and floody.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got one of these $60 3600 lumen lights?’ is closed to new replies.