Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Anyone got one of the new Intense Uzzis?
  • heihei

Any opinions? Am considering one of these or a Slopestyle….

toons
    Free Member

Mate's got the Uzzi and another mate has just replaced his nomad with the slopestyle.

I think they’ve stopped making the slopestyle and the Uzzi is the replacement?

They both use them for everything XC, DH and Alps. Next time I'm out, I'll ask about both.

You ditching the 5 Spot?

heihei

Would def be interested in their views, although looking to take the plunge sooner rather than later. I'd also heard rumours that the Uzzi is effectively replacing the SS, although clearly there are noticable differences in their geometry.

Am keeping the 5-Spot for general riding duties, but having had a quick play on an SX Trail recently, want something with slack angles and a coil shock to play on, uplift days, Alps etc. Whilst the 5-Spot could undoubtedly cope, there are better tools for the job!

mamadirt
    Free Member

Pssst, there's a small SS on sale at CRC at the mo' (or you could buy my new Bullit off the 'bay). Intense rocks 😉

Oh, and check this thread out if you haven't already seen it.

heihei

Unfortunately I'm after a medium, but there seem to be a few floating around.
    I found that link last night but doesn't offer much by way of comparison. In fact, it's me that posted towards the bottom saying as much!!!

Agree there's something about Intenses that are appealing! If I were being ruled by my head I'd just get an SX Trail….

mamadirt
    Free Member

Ah, hadn't spotted your post at the bottom.

If I were ruled by my head I'd be a heck of a lot richer 😉 . Missed my old Tazer like crazy (in fact tried to buy it back this week but it had just been sold on). My new Bullit rocks on the DHs but the sensible side of me says to sell it while it's still new. Watch (as they say) this space 😛

heihei

The question is, would you get an SS or an Uzzi??

toons
    Free Member

My mate picked the slopestyle because it was somewhere between the Uzzi and the Socom.

HeiHei if you're anywhere near the North East, you could probably demo both, email me for details.

heihei

Cheers – unf I'm down south. Have you ridden either to compare to the 5-Spot?

toons
    Free Member

I've only briefly ridden the Uzzi DH, it just soaked up everything and sorry that doesn’t help.

Hoping to see the SS this weekend.

mamadirt
    Free Member

heihei – Member

The question is, would you get an SS or an Uzzi??

Neither 😉 . . . was sooooo tempted by that Slopestyle offer but it'd have been too similar to the Bullit I reckon. Need something tiny that will cope well as an all-rounder – reckon I'm sorted . . .

bigsi
    Free Member

heihei – I might know of someone who is selling their ss, not sure of size but def no smaller than a medium.

I can find out if your interested ?

heihei

Bigsi – yes please.

bigsi
    Free Member

I'll see what i can find out for you.

bigsi
    Free Member

Ok its a large not medium 🙄

If your still interested then e-mail me for the details. It's a work e-mail in my profile so not manned at the weekends or evenings.

heihei

Cheers. Would be too big I think.

toons
    Free Member

heiehi YGM

heihei

Cheers Toons. Did you get any further insight into SS vs Uzzi (vs 5-Spot)??

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got one of the new Intense Uzzis?’ is closed to new replies.