Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone got non-contract internet?
  • csb

Me and the gf live in a rented house and plan to move soon. We have no internet at home. We are complete numties about this stuff.

We want to buy a laptop and get internet that doesn't tie us in.

I have heard of internet over the mobile network using dongles, and AOL advertise a no-contract broadband over the phone-line (we have a BT one).

What do others use?

woffle
    Free Member

I had internet through Zen on a rolling 1 month contract – paid monthly via debit card or direct debit – can't recommend them highly enough if you don't mind shelling out a little extra (it's a little more expensive than some other ISPs)

cp

plus.net are good. if you go the no-contract route, you'll need to buy your own hardware – i.e. modem as well as router if going wireless.

what do you use net for? If just surfing and email, you could get away with a mobile dongle (though check your postcode for coverage – it can be variable). if you watch movies/iplayer, you'll want a wired connection.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Handsomedog
    Free Member

I have mobile net through 3 as I'm in rented accom at the moment. I find its great and pretty fast. Topping the thing up is a doddle and the prices are pretty good

I don't tend to do anything but surf so its fine. I blew through quite alot of money when I was trying to watch tour stuff on youtube last month but that was a 1 off.

jairaj

I used plusnet when i was at uni, good customer service. but you do have to buy your own equipment. tho its not too expensive these days.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got non-contract internet?’ is closed to new replies.