Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Anyone got good mtb photos of he West Highland Way?
  • johnhe

The trail sounds great. Anyone got any photos?

scotroutes

No MTB action but otherwise fill yer boots 🙂

http://www.geograph.org.uk/

13thfloormonk

I have some on my blog Shallow Ecosse, although I haven’t updated it in a couple of years so they might be a bit dusty…

hallz
    Free Member

Try some on our blog here…

West Highland Way

hairyscary

Cynic-al and McMoonter have some quality ones. Lots of ’80’s Lycra and climbing tights on show.

scotroutes

and they were only taken last year….

matt_outandabout

The trail sounds great.

An arbitary line on a map, some of which is unrideable, weaving around dozens of walkers, with only a couple of really, really good bits?
    I do think there are much better rides in Scotland.
    Each to their own.

johnhe

I’d be happy to see any other photos of Scottish biking…..

scotroutes

How about a video??

Santa Cruz Solo

vorlich
    Free Member

br
    Free Member

An arbitary line on a map, some of which is unrideable, weaving around dozens of walkers, with only a couple of really, really good bits?
    I do think there are much better rides in Scotland.
    Each to their own.

Yep, pretty good Glencoe to FW IMO.

Anyway, looking back into Glencoe after climbing the ‘Staircase’:

theblackmount
    Free Member

>An arbitary line on a map, some of which is unrideable, weaving around dozens of walkers, with only a couple of really, really good bits?<

Most of it is hardly arbitary.

Besides, same could be said of dozens of other so called ‘classics.’ Glen Tilt springs to mind…

In a nutshell, more than a little uncharitable that comment. You don’t get 96 miles of snaking singletrack but most folk who tackle it don’t come away feeling short changed on the overall experience.

Must be zillions of pics on the web – google images?

johnhe

Ah that’s more like it. Lovely photos.

allyharp

These bits actually face North to South. Doing it that way has its advantages (mainly hitting 99% of walkers head-on) but overall I think finishing in Fort William is a much better way to end than 20 dull miles into Milngavie.

I’d have to say it’s one of my favourite bike routes that I’ve done, although that could partly have been bolstered by the social aspects. There’s better riding out there, of course, but scenery wise the 2nd half is excellent. It’s quite refreshing to be riding in open country and not have to navigate. It also takes a lot less logistical planning in terms of stops for accommodation or food, as being a developed route it’s much better served than heading off into the Cairngorms for example.

IMGP1133 by allyharp, on Flickr

IMGP1135 by allyharp, on Flickr

johnhe

That looks magic.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got good mtb photos of he West Highland Way?’ is closed to new replies.