Anyone got good knowledge of LesGets/Morzine/Avoriaz/Chatel

Home Forum Bike Forum Anyone got good knowledge of LesGets/Morzine/Avoriaz/Chatel

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone got good knowledge of LesGets/Morzine/Avoriaz/Chatel
  • ChrisE

Off in a couple of weeks to do a Transalp. One day we hit LesGets and need a good, efficient way to cross (using lifts too) to get out to Agile before we climb up to Leysin and on ever Eastwards.

Any advice on routes? We are all XC riding and want an efficient way across, on trails not probably the most technical amazing black-downhills!

Have penned a route on maps but not sure what it’s like

C

ChrisE

Surely someone, you’re all always going on about that area!

Premier Icon UK-FLATLANDER
    Subscriber

No expert but the PPDS route should help PPDS MAP

oliverd1981

You mean “Aigle” – not Agile…

I would say head to the top of Chevannes – take the waymarked back route into Morzine. Cross Morzine, take superMorzine and Zore up towards(but not to) Avoriaz. Head for the Mossetes lift, descend into Crosets, take the croset lift and descend on the XC route to Champery.

Premier Icon andytherocketeer
    Subscriber

If “getting a bit of a move on” is more important than a bit of Les Gets/Morzine trail, then you can go the quick way and just follow the burgundy coloured PdS MTB signs from Les Gets to Morzine. Exit Les Gets on the road and it turns off left after a short distance. Eventually a bit more road on the way into Morzine, then SuperMorzine/Zore etc. as above.

ChrisE

Thanks David,

That sounds like what I had planned on (wasn’t sure which lift out of Les Linderets (excuse spelling!)) whether to go up to Portes de Soliels or not?

Do you have any advice to get from Champery to the Rhone valley?

I have sent an email to your address (in your profile) with a link to the maps so far

C

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got good knowledge of LesGets/Morzine/Avoriaz/Chatel’ is closed to new replies.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks are open.

Skip to top