Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Anyone got experience of ITC Infotech or being outsourced?
  • z1ppy

Subtitle: Getting sold down the river

After being told categorically that outsourcing would not be investigated again (after the company wasted millions several years ago, invesigating it), we've just been told our dept (IT site support) is to be outsourced.

So before I hit jobserver et all (not the best climate), anyone got experience of this company?
    Or even experience of being outsourced whilst in IT?

DT78
    Free Member

No experience of the company. However a few years back I was in a similar position of being Tupe'd to a well know Indian company.

I could see it wasn't going to go well and jumped ship pretty early on along with a lot of people. Completely ruined the companies plans for a handover as around 30% of the dept (the best people) all left before the Tupe happened, whilst they were still negotiating terms.

That was about 4 or so years ago now, of the original 120 or so IT people there are about 10-15 left.

I believe a recent customer satisfaction survey came in at -27%, however the company has just renewed the contract – it has to, it is completely fubar'd now.

I still regularly keep in contact with some of the guys who moved into the business areas, I'm wathcing with interest…

gusamc
    Free Member

I worked for an entire company that was outsourced ….

Understand your position, fully and clearly, with their side IN WRITING, before making any decision. I don't know your personal circumstances but there are legal reqts to be followed( post again with a good headline – quite a few people on here seem to know the rules, CItizens Advice etc etc). In my case it was a godsend, as the entire company was outsourced they put us on a handover bonus to make sure that we didn't all shove off.

On a personal front it forced me into contracting and I've never looked back.

Good luck.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got experience of ITC Infotech or being outsourced?’ is closed to new replies.