Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Anyone got Endura thermolite, Altura ergo fit, or Gore contest II tights?
  • dickydownes
    Free Member

Looking for some tights for the colder days as an alternative to 3/4 shorts and knee warmers. Any opinions?

CheesybeanZ

I’ve got the endura thermolite bibs , used for the last 3 winters and their very warm .

mashiehood
    Free Member

Thermolite here, superb

marvincooper

another vote for thermolites, toasty!

dickydownes
    Free Member

What’s the sizing like on the thermolites? I’m a medium normally for most things.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Another for the thermalites. Slightly big on sizing

mauja
    Free Member

I’ve got some Gore windstopper ones and some endura thermolite ones. When its really cold I always go for the Windstopper ones, although they’re not waterproof the windstopper fabric does a pretty good job of keep water out too.

dickydownes
    Free Member

What’s the Gore sizing like? Was advised to go up a size?

bigG
    Free Member

Thermalites FTW every time

dickydownes
    Free Member

Thermalites – slightly big sizing or ok?

jes
    Free Member

Just got some thermalites, pretty pleased so far, size ok.

tomd
    Free Member

Got a few pairs of thermolites, happy with them. In my experience the back and leg lengths are quite short for the size which suits me, but I think you might struggle if your tall.

dickydownes
    Free Member

Not tall. 5′.10″, 32″ waist, medium build.

DT78
    Free Member

Do you guys buy tights with a padded insert or not? Bought a pair of gore alp x in the sales and assumed they would have an insert,,which they don’t. Wondering about sending them back, but they were a good price

Frankers
    Free Member

I bought 2 pairs of the DHB Vaeon when they had them on offer for £65/2pairs

They are a little thinner than I’m used too so also bought a new pair of Thermolites with the Evans £20 off code.

Going to keep the DHB ones for Autumn/Spring

I used to use separate shorts but now buy them with a pad fitted, I prefer it as don’t sweat as much

I can highly recommend Thermolite Pro Bibtights

I’m normally a large and they fit me spot on

dickydownes
    Free Member

Separate liner/ pad for me.

johnhighfield
    Free Member

+1 for Endura Therolite bib-longs. I wear a full length set when its really cold & knee length ones when not quite so cold. I’m 6ft with a 34″ waist & a L fits me nicely.

Pads are more comfy – but I have another set without pads (they were cheap!) which are ok as long as the ride is not too long.

I have some L endura tops but tend to wear XL in Gore tops…

dickydownes
    Free Member

Anyone else have to go a size up on Gore stuff?

johnellison
    Free Member

+1 for Thermalites. Can’t fault ’em!

jobro
    Free Member

I use themolites for about 50% of my years riding – great piece of kit.
    Love Gore stuff but do find sizing is on the small size – or am I on the big size?

mauja
    Free Member

I actually went a size down in my Gore tights, normally a medium in most clothing but I’ve got a small in the Gore tights, mediums Gore tights were a bit long and a bit baggy on me.

faz083
    Free Member

got thermolites only had them since November and they’re very warm. Only complaint is I think they have come up a bit short as the padding does not fit snugly in the nether-region. However the straps and everything are perfect, so it’s a strange sizing issue.

christhetall
    Free Member

Bought a pair of Endura Thermolites longs (i.e. tights, not bib) and really disappointed with them. The padding seems too far forward – feels like I riding with a cod-piece upfront and no protection for my arse cheeks !

Maybe they are intended for roadies and not MTB

Kryton57

Endura thermolites here

Dissapointed in the fact the logos all fell off with 6 months, where as my 10yo pair the replaces still proudly say “ENDURA”

Otherwise good.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got Endura thermolite, Altura ergo fit, or Gore contest II tights?’ is closed to new replies.