• This topic has 16 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by dobo.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Anyone got DNLA media streaming set up on their TV?
  • DezB
    Free Member

Having problems, so anyone who as successfully done this lemme know 🙂

Haze

What you wanna know?

I use PS3 Media Server, transcodes and runs everything pretty well. Stutters a bit on occasions, particularly when the network is busy as you’d expect.

I’m sure I can set it up a bit better when I can be arsed to go through the detail.

Only thing I haven’t been able to set up so far is streaming from the web – live football feeds etc.

I’m led to believe it can be done, I tried last weekend but gave up after about 3 hours! I’m not beaten yet though…

jon1973
    Free Member

I use TVersity on the PC to stream to the PS3 which seems to work well. I think you can use the pay version and stream from things like Youtube (which seems to be growing in terms of ‘catch up TV’ content). I just have the free version though.

ericemel
    Free Member

Gave up and bolted an atom PC on the back of my TV for £170 – job done and it does everything.

29erKeith
    Free Member

Buffalo 1TB NAS and PS3 here

Used to use WindowsMedia playeron the PC but went for the NAS so I didn’t have to have the PC on all the time or go up and down stairs all the time to switch it on/off

DezB
    Free Member

Ok, I’ve got a Panasonic Tv – sees the media server, runs all tests successfully, but when I try to connect it says “Reading”, then “Cannot connect to server”.

Server is Windows7 – sharing set up according to Pana’s instructions.
    Connection is by wire through Sky router.
    Tried turning off Windows Firewall.
    (Haven’t tried direct connection without router)
    [edit]Internet connection on TV (Viera Cast) works fine.

maxray
    Free Member

got twonky server running on my phone (free) and works fine.

Milkie
    Free Member

With your Panasonic TV, you should’ve received a Twonky Server Key, this is for installing Twonky server on to your PC.

I’ve used TVersity, very easy to setup and works pretty well.
    Windows 7 Media Centre Server, a little more complicated, with setting what and who can view what.
    ReadyNAS Duo – ReadyDNLA, damn quick and no problems with iphones/ps3’s/tv’s.

Panasonic’s DLNA Self Help PDF

DezB
    Free Member

Thanks for the link Milkie, couldn’t find that stuff myself!
    There’s a ton of options on Win 7, thats for sure.

andytherocketeer

Have a Panasonic TV too, had no problems setting up network (DHCP from router) and DLNA (think it was Rhythmbox+plugin for Linux), but the TV had a few issues with codec support.
    Also got Atom box bolted on the back since it’s far more flexible and I make it do exactly what I want, rather than relying on occasional Panny firmware updates.

DezB
    Free Member

Also got Atom box bolted on the back

Wassat then?

Haze

This is why I like STW.

Click on a thread thinking I may be able to help someone and end up with a few more options of my own to try… 🙂

ericemel
    Free Member

Also got Atom box bolted on the back

Wassat then?

A really low power PC thats has enough grunt to run HD videos. Acer Revo’s – they attached to the vesa mount on the back of TV so remain out of sight and HDMI to your TV and optical to your home cinmea if you are that way inclined. Access with wireless mouse/iphone air mouse/wii remote hack!

So simple my mum even has ones and all her pensioner friend ask me to get the same for them! I just set them up with iplayer/ITV OD/C4 OD/ SPotify and picasa links on their desktops.

DezB
    Free Member

This is why I like STW

Me too. I half expected the usual “Have you tried AVForums?” and yes I have, there’s too much information on there!

SkillWill
    Free Member

Just bought one of these:

http://www.synology.com/enu/products/DS110j/index.php

And use that to stream pics, music and video to the XBox. Really nice solution for me. I’ve ripped all my DVDs onto it, now I never have to get up from the sofa.

Cougar

Not much help, but I use TVersity to stream from a PC to the Xbox. Works well. (Not DNLA though)

dobo
    Free Member

i use a sony bdp s370 blu ray player connected to net for streaming services, i also plug a hdd via usb for mp3, pics, video etc, all runs from tv remote. also connect my mp3 player to it sometimes

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got DNLA media streaming set up on their TV?’ is closed to new replies.